Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,749   Online: 1108

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon 8008s and Sunpak PF30X flash

Is the Sunpak PF30X compatible with the Nikon 8008s? I can't seem to get the flash to work on this camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you have the Nikon version?

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, and I have another flash for the camera (Sunpak 555) that works fine. I got the PF30 because I needed a smaller flash. I switched the flashes without changing the settings and the PF30 does not work. The camera is TTL, the PF30 is I-TTL, will that cause a problem?
    Last edited by racerxnk; 02-19-2008 at 06:50 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I-TTL is Nikon's digital TTL. The N8008s/F801s does not support I-TTL.

Does the PF30 support non-I TTL? If not you'll need a new flash.

Nikon's flashes are generally backward compatible with their older technology.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd return the PF30X and get a SB-30, which is a superb little flash.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin