Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,701   Posts: 1,548,419   Online: 1053

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
    Erm... The reason why I'm thinking of flipping the screen is that I think it's installed incorrectly right now. It seems to have been disassembled by an amateur and probably the same guy assembled it.
    If the screen had been installed upside during a previous disassembly (not at the factory), it wouldn't focus correctly now. In any case, you'll need to remove the top deck.

The other cautions still apply regarding handling the focusing screen.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    If the screen had been installed upside during a previous disassembly (not at the factory), it wouldn't focus correctly now. In any case, you'll need to remove the top deck.

The other cautions still apply regarding handling the focusing screen.
    Arg... I tried removing the top plate. I can't get the shutter selector know off.

It's easier for me to buy a K1000 with an adaptor... or pentax spotmatic.

Plus, the batteries arrived from HK and I can use my A-1 again! Yay

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    You're going to have to get to the screen by removing the top cover & the various things holding the prism in place. If it's got an internal meter and the needle is visible in the finder you also may have to remove the galvanometer assembly to get the screen out. Oh well....
    Is it possible to get to the screen under home conditions? Or do I need sth. special? I have an old praktica mtl3 and it had a little dirty mirror, I (what an idiot) somehow got the screen dirty and cleaning just so it does't do it. I know that here only the putting the camera appart and assembling it costs almost like a new one. Please help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington View Post
    For what's it's worth - I would say in this day and age, when amazing high-end cameras only a few years old are available second-hand for peanuts, I can see no reason to bother with a crude dinosaur with a build quality as low as its intended original selling price. Praktikas, Zeniths etc. might seem rugged, but they have horrible vibration levels (wrecking sharpness), very wide assembly tolerances (not good for sharpness either) and fragile wind mechanisms and shutters. Horrible!
    You must have gotten the one I finally returned in the late 70's, just short of the end of the 1-year warrantee. I only got perhaps four months use out of it as the rest of the time is was in the shop, vainly trying to get the framing right. The mirror kicked like a mule, with no mass to dampen it. It was so bad that, hand held, I had to shoot at 1/250 sec or higher.
    Unfortunately, I traded it back to the dealer for a Star-D tripod.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    @ Andrey: so you are an Ossie ?! Which town ?
    @ Andrey and Wenca: send me a PM, I will be in Holland in June or July and can give you full instructions how to.....
    Might have even some spare parts somewhere in my dutch home if you need.
    Sorry I don't have all my data with me here in Brazil......

Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    OMG

Old thread. I gave the camera away for free a year ago when I sold a durst for 40 bucks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin