Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,439   Online: 1071

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    50mm all the way... For 35mm at least:-) I also like 80mm for 6x6, 105 for 6x7, 150mm for 4x5...:-)
    See my adventures in Yemen here:
    www.isaharr.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably 50mm on 35mm. I use my retina 3c a lot, and although I have the 35 and 80 lenses for it, I don't use them much. I mostly use the 80mm Zeiss on my Pentacon 6, and the 80 Xenotar on my Century Graphic (6X7). The 127 gets the most use on 4X5, so I guess I lean toward "normal" with a little towards the wide side.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    My most used lenses when shooting w/35mm camera was a 28mm and 85mm, 50mm only rarely.
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Back in my chrome days it was either 24mm or 105mm now it's mostly 50mm or 85mm and occasionally 20mm. I'm considering a 35mm f/2.0 though.
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

S°ren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

i don't have a 35mm lens, only a 50mm lens ...
    and while i have 28 100, 90, 135mm as well, i tend
    to use my 50 most of all ...
    its easier to see the way you see, unless it isn't

john

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    You can't beat a 50mm for speed, especially if it's the f/1.2. They're great for nightime use and hand held shots indoors.
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I prefer a 35mm a little more because of better dof and when photographing landscapes or larger areas in city as well as some buildings. I like the 50mm when concentrating on a particular subject such as a person, statue, door, or other detail, plus it is usually my fastest, sharpest and cheapest lens; Every kit should have one. As I prefer wides, my kit also includes a 24mm and a 19mm and my long is a telephoto, 70-210 macro, great for isolating flowers or pulling in mountain ranges. That's the kit I've settled on and it's pretty light.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    With my Mamiya I have four prime lenses, 45mm, 80mm, 150mm and a newish (to me anyway) 210mm. No one lens I use over the other, but I must admit the 45 and the 150 are favorites. SORRY LITTLES. But for my Minolta sr-T101 (35mm) I have a 28-200 Vivitar Macro Zoom. I ain't messin' with half a studio when I can travel light.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think they say that pound for pound (or dollar for dollar) you get the best value for money with your 50mm. I tend to it as my main lens. Either that or my Nikon Nikkor 60mm Macro

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Speaking in terms of 35mm SLRs:

I've manged to put together a very small 24mm, 35mm and 85mm kit in a small Lowepro bag. If I have to limit myself to camera with one lens, with another lens in a pocket, it is 35mm lens on the camera, 85mm in the pocket.

If limited to just one lens, it is the 35mm.

The camera body is an Olympus OM of some sort (choice based most often on which one has which film in it, and whether auto exposure or flash may be needed).

All lenses are Olympus Zuiko (f/2.8 for the 24mm, f/2.0 for the others).

The small size and weight of all the above definitely adds to the flexibility.

Matt

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin