Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,559   Online: 770

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kram View Post
    the F100 can take IR film (not muchof that around now) 'cos it has a metal back. If the F80 has a plastic back that is another reason.
    The F100 has a plastic back. This is the weak spot (IMHO) on the F100. Everything else is made of metal except for the plastic back.

As far as upgrading goes, I believe that it is a matter of personal preference and intended use. The F80 (or N80 as it is known here in the U.S.A.) is a very reliable camera and has the advantage of being one of Nikon's lightest SLR's. If you plan on shooting all day, lighter weight might make a difference. The F100 is heavier, larger, and has much better weather sealing and AF functions.

I have both and I think I have used the N80 more, mostly because of the light weight. Funny thing I just realized is that I think I have only shot about 5 rolls of film with my F100 after buying it new a little over a year ago. It is a great camera, but for some reason it feels too much like a pro DSLR. I enjoy using my old Nikon F with FTN finder much more.

Shooter
    35mm
    No, it sounds like a vanity purchase. If you are a pro and you need a rugged camera then yes but otherwise save your money for the sake of having a posey pro camera that will be too big and heavy to be worth taking anywhere.
    Last edited by praktica; 03-09-2008 at 08:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A little 28 ounce 35mm camera is "...too big and heavy to be worth taking anywhere."? If one's health is reasonably good and he or she has at least an adequate amount of desire to take pictures, a 28 oz. camera should be able to be handled fairly easily, I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by praktica View Post
    No, it sounds like a vanity purchase. If you are a pro and you need a rugged camera then yes but otherwise save your money for the sake of having a posey pro camera that will be too big and heavy to be worth taking anywhere.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin