Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,107   Online: 975

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh, Daniel and Marko. Please do not folly and misconstrue my valid intent. I have waxed melancholy in the face of such a state as being shown as a deceiver of wayward youths. It was never my intent or nature to insist the young lad to hump half a studio around oupon his proud and straight shoulder. Such bronzed and statuesque joven divine must remain in his state of photographic nature, perchance to continue in his innocence. And fair Daniel, I beseech thee to hearken unto mine pleas. Think not petty of me as I am but a fool but not wise to the proceedings of . . . OK, a mite over the top, eh? I'm just recovered from a bout with recently passed GAS. I'm still in spend mode, after effects from the syndrome, no doubt. Please bear with me here. I'm coming along. I swear.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No problem!
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Young Christopher, I regret to inform you that I'm suffering a bout of parsimony pending arrival of a bill of as yet unknown size from skgrimes. One little adapter, one shutter scaled, probably won't come to too much, but one never knows.

The parsimony hasn't stopped me from using a sniping engine to try to place last-minute bids for objects of desire on eBay, but it has made me set my maxima so low that I'm always outbid. Most of the time I don't even get into the auction. In truth, I really do have more than enough.

That said, at this very minute I'm listening to a Robert Kurka's opera The Good Soldier Schweik on streaming audio from France Vivace and feeling strongly tempted to buy the CD. CEDILLE RECORDS CDR 90000 062, if you want to buy it yourself.

Marko, the only place I've found for an automatic camera is hung behind a mirror lens. Then a self-setting shutter with continuously variable speed comes in handy. I have a couple of AF35MLs (more than enough, as I said) and one of them once came in very handy when my Nikon kit, safely packed in checked baggage, went astray. But they're despicable little things; they offer practically no control and give minimal information (I'm focused at near, middle or far distance; its too dark/you left the lens cap on, idiot) about what they're doing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At a famous Art college I attended we were given this information on equipment purchases. Only buy a piece of equipment if and when you have an absolute need for it. If you have a need for the new camera and lens then by all means buy it. Ask yourself why are you in need of the new camera and lens. Is there something wrong with the equipment you have or do you need the newer features? I remember really taking off when I went from 35mm to medium format, Mamiya 645, Medium format enlargers are not that expensive either. A step up to medium format is not that far a stretch and waiting a bit might be an option too. Consider the choices of upgrading. In the end only you can decide what going to be right, good luck.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a MF enlarger, though I need a MF lens and neg holder.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What sort of MF lens do you need? Which camera are you mounting it to?
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I need one for my Beselar 67 enlarger.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin