Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,432   Online: 845

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    You will take more photographs if you carry it around your neck against your chest, without a case front, ie. ready for instant use, considerably less, if it's in a case over your shoulder or stuffed out of the way in a pocket or backpack. Depending on your activity this might not always be possible but when it is, do it. A trial will prove my point.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    No case, attached to leather strap just long enough to carry cross shouldered so it won't swing around like a loose cannon and kill and maim everything within two feet! Slower to bring to bear when carried this way but whose talking street shooting?

Shooter
    35mm
    I carry my camera in Tamrac case on a belt (like a fanny pack). My meter fits in the case's front pocket.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce terry View Post
    No case, attached to leather strap just long enough to carry cross shouldered so it won't swing around like a loose cannon and kill and maim everything within two feet! Slower to bring to bear when carried this way but whose talking street shooting?
    I'm doing this right now, and it does not affect my street shooting. I just meter, set the SLR, and shoot.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765 View Post
    I am using a camera strap to hold it on my side. Any better way?
    Sorry, didn't pick up on the description ... shoot away!

I have a plastic clip on the strap of mine that I can put through my belt loop, or the hole in my jacket zipper, or my camera bag strap. Them I just put the meter in my pocket or one of the open pockets of my camera bag. If it falls out, it's still attached to me and I don't lose it.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I bought a cheap small digi camera pouch with a belt clip attached and cut the bottom out for the handle and just dropped the meter in and closed the pouch. It felt good to be able to dismember the digi camera case for a better purpose. Still might look suspiciously like a gun but up in Canada its probably the last thing people would think. Of course I usually have the camera gear on me as well!

Shooter
    35mm
    I am using a camera strap to hold it on my side. Any better way?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I carry my Pentax Spotmeter in the side pocket of one of those geeky photographer's vests. The pocket is deep enough to allow the velcro fastened flap to secure.

Ed

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use a Kinesis vertical accessory pouch A126 for my Pentax Spot meter. You can wear on a your belt, their belt or clip a camera strip to the D rings and wear it over your shoulder. Check out the rest of their gear. My favorite is the belt which I can attach different pouches for lenses or 120/220 magazines and other items. I leave one empty pouch to insert the lens or magazine in while I am change to another lens or magazine - this feature I like. Oh, you can use the belt for their backpack. I used this combination when I traveled to Czech Republic and Germany.

http://www.kgear.com/a/A126.html

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gordy's wrist strap (APUG sponsor) for me. I can carry it around my wrist, or in a jacket pocket. Or in a purse, which is obviously not an option for some. -Laura

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin