Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,920   Online: 863

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera straps?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have an UpStrap and think it is great. Doesn't slip and is robust. Not cheap, but worth it IMHO.
    Beginner

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What are split rings? Like the stuff on a keychain?
    Yes, though much smaller.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll check all of those out! My local store has ThinkTank straps. How are they?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I like the Y strap! APUGers: Do you carry your camera vertically [strap attached to one side] or horizontally on your strap?

Edit: I also like the Leica.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Stephen, I saw in the video you were wearing the strap across your body. I wear my strap on my right shoulder, with my camera going straight down. Is your strap better than others for that?

Also, on my Chrome biking/messenger bag, for the non padded area of the strap, the part that is adjustable, they use a seat belt material. Have you thought about using it for your straps?

Finally, about your website. It is using wordpress, which I think fits perfectly with your target market. It is not too full of eyecandy, like some flash based sites. It is simple and showcases your product well.

I will hopefully be able to order the Y-Strap, but I do not have a credit card, so I will have to get someone to buy it for me.

Thanks for making a good product, I would rather give my money to a small business, than say ThinkTank photo. I hope I will be able to get your strap!
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Leicagoodies.com has offered a strap like the y strap for several years at least and they only cost $15. If you use a rangefinder or small camera they have quite a few "goodies". My favorite is the "sling". With that you don't need a strap! (assuming it will work with your camera) Also check out the "hook".

Patrick

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765 View Post
    Stephen, I saw in the video you were wearing the strap across your body. I wear my strap on my right shoulder, with my camera going straight down. Is your strap better than others for that?

Also, on my Chrome biking/messenger bag, for the non padded area of the strap, the part that is adjustable, they use a seat belt material. Have you thought about using it for your straps?

Finally, about your website. It is using wordpress, which I think fits perfectly with your target market. It is not too full of eyecandy, like some flash based sites. It is simple and showcases your product well.

I will hopefully be able to order the Y-Strap, but I do not have a credit card, so I will have to get someone to buy it for me.

Thanks for making a good product, I would rather give my money to a small business, than say ThinkTank photo. I hope I will be able to get your strap!
    Markok- I cannot tell a lie- the Y Strap is really meant to be worn bandalier style for maximum carry efficiency only...it keeps the camera close to your body.

The seatbelt webbing is a cool idea...I ultimately chose the military spec tube webbing for it's extreme strength (4000 lbf) and because it won't curl.

And- it is on Wordpress...I love Wordpress!!

I know the owners of Think Tank Photo and I have to say they too make great products... but in terms of a "small company"? Look no further! I am a strap maker of ONE!

Best-
    Stephen Schaub
    www.ystrap.com
    www.figitalrevolution.com
    www.indianhillimageworks.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Even if the strap on Leicagoodies.com would be the same, which I assume the Y-Strap is better quality, I would still buy the Y-Strap, to support a photographer on APUG.

The problem with wearing it bandolier style is that the meter in my camera doesn't work, and I wear my spotmeter bandolier style. This makes it difficult to use my meter or camera, depending on which ones strap is underneath!
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One more for the UPstrap, best strap I`ve ever used.
    Amund

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin