Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,801   Online: 1064

Shooter
    Multi Format

Interior Lighting - White Balance

Just making the switch from my point and shoot digital to film SLR.

When shooting indoors, I've heard that indoor lighting can mess up the color in color slides and color prints (although these seem to be more easily fixed). On the digital camera, it would be overly red in interior shots and I would simply adjust the white balance, which I can't do on the film SLR. So I was wondering what the best way is to deal with this issue. Filters? Are there different ones for incandescent and/or fluorescent? Or should you watch what type of film you're using. I really appreciate any help. Thanks!

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    match the film type to the lighting conditions, or use filters to correct the "white balance"
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    There are both filters and different film types to deal with the lighting. You would generally use a blue filter to cool down the warm color from incandescent indoor lighting, but with the myriad of compact fluorescents being used - it may not be a perfect match. You can also buy color film balanced for tungsten.
    Tim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin