Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,231   Online: 988

Shooter
    35mm RF

Sticky Filter Syndrome

Do you- or a photographer you know- suffer from Sticky Filter Syndrome? There is no need to be ashamed… we’ve all been there. I've just posted this informative video gives a quick fix and a preventative cure for this dreaded photographic ailment.

Sticky Filter Syndrome Video

Shooter
    35mm
    Good film. I use a wide rubber band instead of a filter wrench but think the latter is simpler to use. You might have mentioned that aluminum and/or plastic framed filters are more problematical than steel because they flex.
    "If your pictures aren't good enough,
    you're not close enough." -Robert Capa

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by ehparis View Post
    Good film. I use a wide rubber band instead of a filter wrench but think the latter is simpler to use. You might have mentioned that aluminum and/or plastic framed filters are more problematical than steel because they flex.
    I have tried many many different filters and now only use B+W filters and they also stick from time to time but your right not as much as the cheap aluminum ones do ( - now that I have been using the wax tech I outlined in the video for the last year plus never one sticky filter!) I've used the rubber band as well...it works in a pinch.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin