Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,430   Online: 831

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    It depends on how much you want to spend John?

I like the Billingham travel range: http://www.billingham.co.uk/products.asp?catid=420

Barbour make a nice bag too: http://www.barbour.com/index.cfm?fus...D=16&RangeID=4

As does Annabel Chaffer: http://www.annabelchaffer.com/leathe...s-travel-bags/

(the advantage of these bags is that they are expensive, as such any thief will probably steal the bag but throw the 'crappy old film camera' back at you!)
    Andy,
    I'd look like a sloan if I bought one of these.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John, when did you ever see a sloan carrying their own bags? Besides if you got a Billingham you'd be well equipped for your next trip across the Persian Gulf in a dow.
    Last edited by Andy K; 03-14-2008 at 01:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    I love my Billingham. It's a model 225. Should hold your gear without a problem.
    There are usually quite a few available on that famous auction site.
    I got it about 5 years ago just before I found out I needed cataract surgeries. At the time, my vision was almost non-existent, so I figured if I was going blind, I might as well have a nice camera bag to carry around.
    Never regretted spending the money (I actually got it fairly cheap - just over $100)

I use Gordy's camera straps - the wrist straps - and love them.
    Although, I just ordered a Y-strap. I think there will be times I'd like to use that as well. The concept looks great.

Regards,
    Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    Buy any bag you like...Jack Spade maybe if you are into mens understated style. Then just buy the camera bag inserts you need and velcro them together to make it a camera bag. I do this with all of my bags...one of which I made myself. I can use them in my moutainsmith hip pack, messanger bag, or samsonite backpack...I think Lowepro makes the inserts.

Kevin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here is a link to my camera bag that I put together to haul my Bronica sqa around in.

http://cliechty.home.comcast.net/~cliechty/cambag/

I bought the bag from the Gap on clearance for $20.00 and the insert is a Tenba insert for their wedding car case.

In the bag I carry 1 Bronica sqa with wlf & 50mm lens attached, 80mm lens, 3 backs, Sekonic 558 meter, blower, cleaning cloth, up to 10-12 rolls of film, notepad, pens, mp3 player, magazines, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    Andy,
    I'd look like a sloan if I bought one of these.
    The Billinghams are simply superb bags JD, like a pair of jeans, the longer you have one the more you like it and the better it fits. They dont look as good new to be honest.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Gee I still use a bunch of those 70's multi-coloured straps. They're so old the young kids like them LOL. Check out the army surplus stores. They have some funky bags.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For heavy traveling, I have a real beast of a Tamrac Expedition. (vintage unknown) Tucked into the front pocket is my real treasure, a $5 single-strap backpack. The beauty of this pack is that it can easily fit a couple of bodies and a lens or two, and you can swing it quite comfortably around to the front to access your gear or to carry it more securely in crowded situations.

Something like this; (but mine was cheaper )

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00144CUBI/...I&linkCode=asn
    Last edited by Toffle; 03-14-2008 at 08:48 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added details
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What's a y-strap?
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format

Bags

Hi John,
    My (currently declining in value) .02 is to find a small boxy bag that has enough room for film, filters and one spare lens and keep the camera in you hand. Cameras in bags can't snap photos. However is you want a purpose built camera bag for the kit you list a Domke F3 is close to the right size. Domkes, as claimed above for Billingham, wear like iron and age well. Their canvas is softer and more "broken in" out of the gate and they look a bit less flash. That said, the Hadley is a handsome bag. Attached are a few photos of above bag and my daily contents.
    Celac.

Also, one should note that the rubber stuff in the gripper straps will die over time and leave stains on clothing. This is not a reason to avoid the product, just be careful to retire and replace the item before it leaves black bits on your jacket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bag closed.jpg   Bag open top.jpg   junkout.jpg  

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin