Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,488   Online: 776

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A Styling Camera bag

I'm looking for a camera bag with style that will hold the average (FE2 or F100) body and a couple lenses. I'm not a big fan of bags that look like camera bags. I use a sling bag for my mamiya 6 a wheely cart for my 4x5 (or I just sling it over my shoulder) and would like something interesting for a Nikon and 2-3 primes (21, 35, 100 range). Pictures and links would be great.

For extra credit I'd love to know what your favourite strap is as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Try Think Tank's Urban Disguise bags.

Think Tank Urban Disguide

They are messenger-style bags, but look more like laptop bags compared to camera bags. Very discrete, quality-build, and stores a lot of equipment. I can store 3 pro SLRs, 3-4 lenses, a couple of flashes plus a laptop in mine.

For camera straps, I use the generic Canon straps. Wouldn't mind trying Upstrap though, after hearing good things about them.
    Last edited by film_guy; 03-14-2008 at 04:06 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It depends on how much you want to spend John?

I like the Billingham travel range: http://www.billingham.co.uk/products.asp?catid=420

Barbour make a nice bag too: http://www.barbour.com/index.cfm?fus...D=16&RangeID=4

As does Annabel Chaffer: http://www.annabelchaffer.com/leathe...s-travel-bags/

(the advantage of these bags is that they are expensive, as such any thief will probably steal the bag but throw the 'crappy old film camera' back at you!)
    Last edited by Andy K; 03-14-2008 at 05:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might want to check out your local army surplus store.I used an old medic's shoulder bag until it was stolen,along with my friends Yashica.Good ,sturdy and real inexpensive.

JMK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Billingham bags are expensive, but the price reflects a high quality product with great functionality, and mine seem to age with grace.

I can also recommend what I think is Hungarian army gas mask bags – once modified a bit they work great but may be hard to obtain in North America… Well, my point is that you may want to consider Mike’s advise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I plan on getting a Billingham, but am not sure which to buy. I am torn between the Hadley Large, the 225 or the Packington.
    Last edited by Andy K; 03-14-2008 at 09:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John, if you want something that has style and is cool and is NOT the boring black-gray-green-khaki (where is the yawning icon???) you've GOT to check out Crumpler!
    I was yearning for something that was a little less totally boring, and someone I know truned me on to these. I bought a red "7-million dollar home" and I love it! I can fit 2 bodies and two lenses and film and filters & what-not in it. I love it, and I love that is it the other side of mundane.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'll second the recommendation for Crumpler. They're messenger bags and knapsacks with optional photo inserts.

I use the Fux Deluxe (the largest one at the time, now replaced by some new version, but it looks pretty much the same) for my Linhof 4x5" kit.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmmm......My medic bag cost $5.00 and went through heck & back without a problem.That "Crumbler" cost $130.00.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    jd--your 35mm setup sounds a lot like mine. F100 &/or FE-2, 16mm, 24mm, 50mm, 75-150mm and flash. I use the little LowePro 100 Backpack. I can get all that stuff in it. The pack carries well and is very well padded. Sometimes I wish I had the 200 Backpack but I manage to fit all my crap in the small one. When I go out and shoot with my TLR I can put all that gear in the little 100 and it works well for that too. It has been a very well used pack.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin