Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,159   Online: 1081

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Canon T-70- urgent advice

Hi Guys, I'm thinking of picking up a T-70 off fleabay for about forty bucks.

I own a lot of good FD and FL glass (alot in my limited wallet perspective anyway) and I"m getting tired of metering with my sekonic when using my Canon TX with non functioning meter.

I read in Wikipedia that there is a lithium batter internally that needs to be replaced by a technician that keeps track of the user settings.

Will this seriously detract from the usability of the camera on a day to day basis, for instance having to set the iso for every shot or something?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, I bought it, so here's hoping for the best! :-)

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I assume that backup is only intended to bridge the time when changing the main batteries (as in the T-90), so nothing much to worry in case that lithium battery should fail. The most important information that would be lost in such a case should be the number of exposures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've long had a T-70 and never even knew there was an internal battery. But then, I've neer really noticed whether a setting stays set (I don't use it often enough to remember or notice). I just start from scratch each time. Not like there are 200 settings on the thing anyway.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I picked up a mint one on eBay a couple years ago. It's a dandy, little camera. I think I used it once with good results. Of course, that FD glass is really very fine. It's a good match with the Canon 35-70 FD 3.5-4.5 for an all-day package. My bigger Canon FD lenses, like the 200mm f2.8, just seem a bit too large for the tiny body. An A1 with MA drive is better for that. Also a good street package would be the T70 and 24mm FD 2.8.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've had a T-70 for over 20 years, and think it is a prety good camera. It does have a few quirks that drive me crazy, such as the inability to see both shutter speed and f-stop in the view finder. The automatic built in winder is a bit loud, but does a good job overall. But the T-70, has a pretty good meter, with a partial area meter pattern (12%) in addition to the normal pattern. The T-70 has several program modes that work well and you can also shoot manually. So, in many ways you can get good shots effortlessly. The camera also works well with the Canon 299T flash. I've had fun with it for years, and would get another if this one broke.

T70, great camera, a bit quirky and LOUD

I've had one for 23 years, love it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, I got it, and It was worth every penny I paid for it.

And then I bought another one for .99 cents. I hope I doidn't overpay.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin