Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,248   Online: 811

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    I prefer the same but 90mm. BTW it works beeuuudifoooly .
    Isn't the 90 a Super-Angulon XL lens?
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I normally only carry 2 Pentax lenses a 50mm and a 28mm for my camera, I do use a a Series 1 f2.8 Vivitar 70-210mm for concerts etc

But by choice the third lens I would include would be a Tamron SP 19mm, mine went into a canal 17 yeras ago and although repaired, it flared afterwards.

If I could afford it better still a 21mm Leitz lens for my M3. I was loaned one for a couple of months and the differance in quality - lack of distortion compared to a similar lens for an SLR is - is incredible. But as all my serious work is now shot on 5x4 I use the equivalent focal lenght a 65mm Schnieder when I need to.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Isn't the 90 a Super-Angulon XL lens?
    I stand corrected - quite right Robert. More coverage - but slower!
    Last edited by John McCallum; 09-08-2004 at 06:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A pair of lenses with a woman wearing them(who wants to be alone on an island for years?).That being said I'll take any three Sigma EX zoom lenses covering all the focal lengths I need-the bigger question is where and how to develop and store negatives.
    "An object never performs the same function as its name or its image"-Rene Magritte

"An image of a dog does not bite"-William James applied to photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jpgarnier
    Hello

Since I posted a previous question regarding lenses and I'm in the market for buying a new lens, I would like to get the groups opinion on what are the lenses that a photographer should have?

If you were stranded on a dessert island with your camera, unlimited film and a darkroom that could do both color and B&W, what three lenses would you absolutely want with you?

JP
    The only "must have" lenses for good photography are "your eyes".
    'That' in combination with all your knowledge, your emotions and your courage will make of you a photographer with vision!

Images
    If you were stranded on a dessert island with your camera, unlimited film and a darkroom that could do both color and B&W, what three lenses would you absolutely want with you?

JP
    I have only one answer for any "If you were stranded on a desert island" question.

Brooke Burke!
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I only have 3 lenses for my Nikon now. All zooms and the three offer a huge range - AF-S 17-35mm f2.8D, AF-S 28-70mm f2.8D and AF-S 80-200mm f2.8D. I also just bought the new TC-20E II AF-S teleconverter. This combination gives me me a range from 17mm to 400mm in 4 lenses.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would depend on the camera I have with me. If I had a Leica rangefinder, I would want the 21/4 Voigtlander, 35/2 Summicron and 50/2 Summicron. If I had a Canon EOS SLR, I would want my 20-35/3.5-4.5, 50/1.8 and 70-200/2.8 (hopefully with Canon's 1.4x and 2x extenders). Can I have all of it? With my medium format equipment, too? Please?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    What I have now.

Sigma 14mm for the sunrises/sunsets
    Canon 24-70L for plantlife and Island critters.
    Canon 100-400L for Birding and spotting far off ships.

Do we get rum on this island?
    Eric
    www.esearing.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd get a normal lens (50/1.4 for 35mm), a micro lens (105mm 1:1 if possible)
    and a wide angle (28 mm/2.8)

Even though good quality zooms 28-70 and 70-210 would give me more options... those and the micro lens

Hello

Since I posted a previous question regarding lenses and I'm in the market for buying a new lens, I would like to get the groups opinion on what are the lenses that a photographer should have?

JP
    Mama took my APX away.....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin