Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,525   Online: 946

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    if it's only 35mm -
    contax distagon 28mm 2.8 and makro planar 60mm f2.8 for my aria
    and my lomo lca (i know it's not a lens but it's great for cross processing!)

tomtom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    ...Have you tried the Schneider 80mm Super Symmar Aspheric XL lens? I was wondering how that lens handles movements. This lens has my name all over it.
    Unfortunately have to answer no, to that Robert - only the 90mm Super-Angulon XL (which I try quite regularly ). Schneider have good published notes of their lens image circles, however.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    Unfortunately have to answer no, to that Robert - only the 90mm Super-Angulon XL (which I try quite regularly ). Schneider have good published notes of their lens image circles, however.
    Yes! and Schneider's coverage numbers are very conservative - in my experience!
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson
    Yes! and Schneider's coverage numbers are very conservative - in my experience!
    The published numbers for that lens shows it having a 212mm image circle.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    This question is almost meaningless unless you state what kind of photography you do.

I'm a landscape painter. My primary interest is taking landscape photos to paint from so I use a Nikkor 50mm 1.8. Why 50mm? Because the angle of view is apropriate for a landscape painting. What I mean by that is, if you take say a 12" wide painting and hang it on a wall, the normal viewing distance is about arms length. The angle subtended by eyeballs to either side of the painting is about the same angle as a 50mm lens.

If I wish to zoom in on a distant feature, say an island on a salt marsh, I scan the slide and enlarge in photoshop. I think of this as my "digital zoom lens". Results may not be as good as shooting with a zoom lens. but it's adequate for my needs and saves carrying a lot of gear in the field.

Since most of my shots are taken in unusual places, out on a salt marsh, in a kayak, etc I use a robust Nikon FM-10 which will take as good a picture as any other camera when used with the correct lens and film.

I have a digital Sony 717 which takes wonderful pictures but is a b$%ch to use in the field, as are most dc's. Also, the Sony pics, while I call them "wonderful", do have a certain "clinically pure" look to them which I don't care for. So the 717 stays in the studio where I use it to put stuff up on me web site.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtom
    and my lomo lca (i know it's not a lens but it's great for cross processing!)
    Not a lens? It is the only camera in the world that has:

"Professor Radionov's extra-special and totally sexy lens. It is the close-up/long range/ night vision and ever-watchful glass eye from Russia with THE RELENTLESS WINK."

I love my LCA.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Must have lenses for a desert island.

35mm
    A 50mm Macro. I use a Olympus Zuiko 50mm F3.5. It is the sharpest lense I own (Even with a scratched rear element).
    Second choice a 24mm.
    Third choice a 100mm

4x5
    90mm. There has been mention of the Nikkor 90mm F8. I use this lense. Although dim it is still useable. Cost effective. Extremely sharp!!
    150mm Rodenstock APO Sironar S. A good lense if your starting out with 4x5. My favorite 4x5 lense.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One lens and one lens only..........,

its got to be a 55/60 Macro!

Julian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice to see other Olympus users out there. My favorite three are the 35/2.8, 50/3.5 and 100/2.8. These are my go-everywhere lenses. After that it's the 24/2.8 and 200/4.

Hmm. That's about everything in my entire 35mm kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yay Olympus!

First choice: Zuiko 24/2.8
    Second Choice: Hoya 135/2.8
    Third Choice: Sigma 35-70/2.8
    Fourth Choice: Zuiko 300mm/4

Gosh, that's the entire arsenal for my OM-2n. :-)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin