Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,623   Online: 978

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Annoyed with motor drive for Nikon FG

I thought the Nikon FG would be a good camera for me.
    It's light, inexpensive, relatively well built, and has lots of accessories available.

I ordered a motor drive for it. The MD-14.
    Weird thing is, the darn thing doesnt have a button on it to activate the shutter! Its really uncomfortable to use the regular shutter release on the camera with the motor drive attached.

So... is there another model motor drive for the FG?

Alternatively, what about the Pentax MX/ME cameras? How do you like them with the motor drives attached?
    Last edited by darinwc; 03-21-2008 at 10:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did little research for this answer but the bottom line looks like if you want the speed of the motor drive then you will have to endure the currant setup. There is an aftermarket power winder ,but it will only give you 2 fps. I saw it on lordofthelens.net. I have a similar one an my AE1 but w/o the timer. My MD-14 won’t work on your FG, so that’s out. More Google time may uncover more answers.

http://mir.com.my/rb/photography/har...md12/index.htm

Seems to have good Nikon info.

Mike
    down the road

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have an FG and and a motordrive which I don't use it any more. It seems to defeat the purpose of having a small, lightweight body.

I do think the FG is good though. It seems to get forgotten about so can be picked up cheaply now.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I like the option of having the removable motor drive.. when im walking around taking snapshots i can go lightweight.. when im taking pics of my kids i can use the motor drive. (gotta be fast around them)!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin