Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,397   Online: 1180

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I move back and forth between the two formats, often selecting the format for what I'll be shooting that day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i've been shooting quite a bit of 35mm half frame lately.
    i like the way a roll of film seems to take forever to finish,
    and that it is lightweight compared to a big bulky graflex slr.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I still shoot with my 35s but Ive stopped buying film for them. I mostly use MF (and I just bought a LF that I'm playing with). I find I don't like handling the small negs in the dr after using lots of 120. When the 3mm film is used up then I'll have to make a choice about their fate.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been shooting 35mm for a few weeks now, but I still use 120 at times. It depends on my mood. I find cameras from both formats to be fascinating: Rolleiflex, Trip 35, XA series, Leica, etc, etc.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't shot more than 5 rolls of film through my F3 in the last 4 or 5 years. After some time of using the Hassy I thought moving to 4x5 would be that much better. If I shoot 35mm now, It's generally something I think I need the 18mm perspective.

I was wrong about the 4x5, once in awhile I drag the Sinar F out to play with it but I still just plain enjoy using the Hassy.

I'm going to try and make an effort to use the Sinar more this summer to see if it's the camera type or the format that gives me issues. I think it's the monorail in the field. Maybe I need a field camera 4x5 I do enjoy the slow speed of 4x5, and I like the darkrooom side of it, maybe it is the camera.

Mike
    Last edited by mikebarger; 03-22-2008 at 10:06 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's all about the right tool for the job.

I strongly prefer having bigger negatives.

That having been said, sometimes it's far more convenient to shoot a smaller format because of handling considerations or lens needs. For example, shooting candid photographs of my three-year-old niece is far easier with a Nikon in 35mm than it is with a Bronica in 6x6 or a Calumet monorail in 4x5".

I shoot three formats and I find my photography is different with each of them. No one of them replaces any of the others.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Very interesting. FWIW although I still make them when the occasion demands, these days 35mm negs drive me nuts. It's like working on a micro scale model. That's just me though.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have and use many formats but the 35mm SLR cameras get used the most. They are versatile and with the new films capable of very high quality enlargements. When thinks warm up a little more I will start shooting more with the 6X4.5, 6X6 and 6X7 formats.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I could never give up 35mm but I also would not want to limit myself to it either! 35mm is the only format for shooting sports, I shoot a lot of cycling and rock climbing and the 35mm is the best choice. Speed, rapid shooting, auto-focus, and lens selection, hands down 35mm is the best there. But for pretty( ) pictures I like MF or LF. LF has the highest quality and MF (645) has a good trade off between speed of shooting and image quality. That's why I own 2 35mm's, 2 645's, a 6X6, a 6X7, and a 4X5. With probably the 645's the most used followed by 35mm 6X7 and then the 4X5---number of shots, not time used. I spend the most time shooting 4X5 because I am sooooo slow with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After getting some top notch Zeiss ZM and ZF lens, yes I seem to be shooting more 35mm than MF. (Reminder must use LF more). However, I seem to shoot only colour on MF and B/W on 35mm + LF. The depth of colour on prints from MF is great.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin