Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,093   Online: 884

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have one and really like it, but I don't do a whole lot of scenery shots. It's fast enough for me and is nice and sharp with good bokeh.

I also use it as my normal lens on my d1gital nikon body.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I carry a 35mm film camera with four primes within the focal lengths you list, I choose between the following two options:

Option 1
    50 f/1.4

Option 2
    35 f/1.4

Based on my personal preferences and the lenses you have (20mm, 50mm, and 85mm), if I were in your place, I would keep the 20mm and the 85mm; trade the 50mm for a 35mm f/1.4 or f/2; and use a 3-lens line up of 20mm, 35mm, and 85mm.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    Thanks for all your replies.
    Hmm I'm still undecided on this one.
    35mm AFD would be more in the midle between 20 and 85mm giving me a three lens kit
    Problems with oil on blades reported but said to be fixed since???? a new lens shouldn't suffer
    Sharpness? Reported not the best.
    28mm f/2,8 AFD I'm really not sure here it would fill the gab between 20mm and 50mm its cheap even new but there is reports both for and against it.
    28mm f/1,4 way to expensive though it would be nice in a fast line up
    In the AIS line I have heard nice things about 35mm f/1,4 and both the AIS 28mm lenses the f/2,8 even has a nice close up feature (20cm) I had this one but now the price has gone up.
    Maybe I should bite the able and get a 28 AIS anyway.
    Any one know the 28mm f/2,8 AFD?

As far as the Nikon 35mm 2.0 AF-D goes, I must disagree with some of the popular myths. I have one I purchased new last year and it is very sharp. It has absolutely no oil leak problem, and it is just as sharp as my manual focus Nikon 35mm 2.0 AIS. The major difference, other than the AF factor, is that the manual focus version is much better built. The manual focus version is mostly metal and glass, whereas the AF version is mostly plastic and glass (except for the metal lens mount).

Depending on your camera and shooting style, you would preffer one over the other. If you like the feel of shooting with a good manual focus lens, the AIS version is great. If you prefer AF shooting then the AF version would be the best choice.

The Nikon manual focus 35mm 2.0 AIS lives on one of my F3HP's, (the other has a 105mm 2.5) however my 35mm 2.0 AF-D lives on my D200. Ironicaly, I have a Nikon manual focus 24mm 2.8 AIS that lives on my Nikon D1X!

If you decide to get a new 35mm AFD, remember that it will still be under warranty. If you don't like it you can always return it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin