Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,497   Online: 1157

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Nikon 75-300 4.5-f5.6 AF Help

Picked up this lens in very nice condition. This is my first AF lens and have a question regarding the "Full - Limit" switch on the barrel. Can some kind soul tell me what this is about.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It limits the focusing range by eliminating some of the near focusing ability.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Never mind I figured it out. It is a focus limit switch. In limit mode is will only focus from 10 feet to infinity. In full mode it goes a lot closer. Presumably to speed up the auto focus.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    It limits the focusing range by eliminating some of the near focusing ability.
    Thanks - as you were probably typing your post I had a blinding flash of the obvious watching the lens focus.

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin