Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,245   Online: 725

Thread: 55-300

Shooter
    35mm

55-300

Do any of you wise old gents, or ladies, remember or know anything about Polaris lenses, particularly the one mentioned in the topic line.

I remember from ads in magazines before I ever bought a camera and that is about all.
    Who made Polaris?
    There is a thread about this lens at the Steve's digicam forum and it appears to be a good lens, just wondering if any of the greybeards here have any past knowledge.
    Bobby
    Last edited by BobbyR; 03-28-2008 at 11:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well however good it is I will now find out as I just bought one, but as too often happens on the net, there is no info out there on the history of Polaris lenses.

I did find, in the attic, a box of magazines I thought I had discarded, and in it was a listing of all zooms available at the time, and the Polaris 55-300 was not cheap by any standards when it was available.
    Bobby

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin