Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,449   Posts: 1,570,079   Online: 853

Shooter
    4x5 Format

seeking selling estimates for some nikon lenses

ok - i am doing this for a friend of my son who has some gear to sell. if it is inappropraite then mods please delete.

my son's friend has a bunch of nikon lenses which he does not know the value of. he wants to sell them and asked me for an estimate of their worth. i really have no idea so i thought i'd ask some of you folks.

here is the list -

Nikon Lenses

24mm f/2.8 (3.5?) AIS
    35mm f/2.8 AI-ed (F-series with AI ring)
    50mm f/1.2 AIS
    75-150mm zoom f/3.5 AI – E series metal
    200mm f/4 Q series – no coordination with camera unless you have an FE/FA/FM
    2x teleconverter Vivitar
    70-200mm zoom f/4-5.6 AI

now - these lenses are in brisbane, australia, but i imagine they are worth about the same anywhere.

does anyone have any estimates as to their worth?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jayavant View Post
    ok - i am doing this for a friend of my son who has some gear to sell. if it is inappropraite then mods please delete.

my son's friend has a bunch of nikon lenses which he does not know the value of. he wants to sell them and asked me for an estimate of their worth. i really have no idea so i thought i'd ask some of you folks.

here is the list -

Nikon Lenses

24mm f/2.8 (3.5?) AIS
    35mm f/2.8 AI-ed (F-series with AI ring)
    50mm f/1.2 AIS
    75-150mm zoom f/3.5 AI – E series metal
    200mm f/4 Q series – no coordination with camera unless you have an FE/FA/FM
    2x teleconverter Vivitar
    70-200mm zoom f/4-5.6 AI

now - these lenses are in brisbane, australia, but i imagine they are worth about the same anywhere.

does anyone have any estimates as to their worth?

Try an "Advanced search" on completed sales on e-bay. Value will not be all that great, the 50mm f/1.2 AIS is potentially the most valuable item, but condition is all-important. If you are able to, inspect each lens by opening the aperture fully and shining a torch through from underneath and slightly to one side. Totally clean glass is the ideal, most probably a few specks of dust will be present, anything that looks like ice crystals will be mold, in which case the lens concerned is almost certainly beyond economic repair.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would check with KEH they have a huge selection and can give you a good idea of price.

If it is a 24 f/2.8 that can be a spendy lens tooooo.

Shooter
    35mm
    There is no such thing as a Nikkor 24mm f3.5 AIS lens.

You're asking for guesses not estimates. Too often such messages show up where the description is vastly incomplete or limited by accuracy. Condition is every thing, from the condition of the glass to the exterior.
    "If your pictures aren't good enough,
    you're not close enough." -Robert Capa

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I bought Nikkor 24/2.8 AI and 35/2.8 AI in the last year. Obviously I only have my experience as a buyer to offer, but for what it's worth:

The 24/2.8 came from a private seller in Venezuala, bought through an ebay auction. Great condition, no wear or marks on the body, no fungus or scratches visible in the glass. Looks like it's just come out of the box (but no box or manual supplied). Cost £60 plus shipping. I had to wait for a while to get one at this price in this condition. Maybe the seller's location put off other buyers.

The 35/2.8 came from KEH. BGN graded. Glass has no visible problems, but body a bit scuffed and a few minor chips in the finish. Cost $49 plus shipping.

HTH
    Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin