Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,675   Posts: 1,669,170   Online: 1113

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Camerarepair.com slow service?

I sent a Nikon camera to camerarepair.com a while ago and it's been in the queue for about two months now, waiting for a technician to look at it. Has anyone had any experiences with camerarepair.com? Is this typical? I know, I probably should have asked this before I sent it to them. At least it's not my primary camera, so I'm not completely out of luck.

Thanks,
    Robert
    "Photograph more, worry less"

Shooter
    35mm
    I've had a major service place recently take 11 weeks to CLA a camera, even though they were advertizing 4-6 weeks (I won't mention the name). So two months doesn't seem too bad. On the other hand, I've had Frank Marshman, the camerawiz, turn around a repair in two weeks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just contacted them and it turns out that someone apparently just forgot to update the system. It happens to the best of us. Now we'll see how long the actual repair takes and (most importantly) how it turns out. I was quite impressed by how reasonable the estimate was.

Thanks!
    "Photograph more, worry less"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin