Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,471   Online: 1024

Thread: Lens repair

Shooter
    35mm

Lens repair

I just bought a Soligor CD 70-222 macro lens-----in which the diaphragm does not work, otherwise the lens looks just like it came from the factory.

I paid twenty bucks for it, including postage so I am probably not going to give the seller a hard time, he sold it for soimeone else.

Who fixes such things; cost as long as it remains below 200 dollars is of small importance as I have always wanted this particular lens, and except for the obviously major problem it looks good.
    Bobby

Shooter
    35mm
    I decided to send it off to Focal Point lens repair in Colo., so my twenty dollar lens will become a over one hundred and fifty dollar lens after postage.
    Of the people I spoke to they think it was stored in a too hot place and the grease migrated to the diaphragm blades.
    Bobby

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyR View Post
    I decided to send it off to Focal Point lens repair in Colo., so my twenty dollar lens will become a over one hundred and fifty dollar lens after postage.
    Of the people I spoke to they think it was stored in a too hot place and the grease migrated to the diaphragm blades.
    Bobby
    Leaving lenses in cars for month at a time will do that.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    I paid twenty bucks for it, including postage so I am probably not going to give the seller a hard time, he sold it for soimeone else.
    The sellers that list items for others on eBay are generally a rip off for the simple reason they don't have a clue what they're selling, let alone know its condition.
    "If your pictures aren't good enough,
    you're not close enough." -Robert Capa

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin