Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,204   Online: 823

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

pentax super program jammed?

I have a Pentax Super Program. I've only used it a couple of times since i got it.
    it appears jammed now. i tried switching to mechanical /250 but to no avail.
    I can advance the lever all the way but it does not appear to be doing anything.

Anyone know if this is a common problem with these?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    How about changing batteries. I didn't know it had a mechanical speed.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i could be wrong, i dont have it in front of me, and I handled 3 different cameras this morning.
    could have been my nikon fe2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a Super Program and it won't function without batteries. Try changing the batteries, I think it takes one or two LR44 batteries.
    "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
    CAPT. John Parker, Massachusetts Militia. 19APR1775

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello ,

I have two me Supers and yes they do have a mechanical speed = 125. This speed is specifically to allow the camera to be used if the batteries have failed.

One of my Me Supers has developed a fault which manifests itself thus: if I turn the camera on ( by moving the switch from 'lock' to any other setting e.g. 'auto', 'manual', x125, or 'b' ) the first cocking of the lever will wind on the film but will not allow the shutter to fire. After this the camera will work perfectly until there is a delay of more than a few hours, at which point the next 'wind on' will be wasted due to the shutter not firing and the whole cycle repeats itself. I have not solved this issue yet and it may be what you are experiencing; I have heard it said that this is a known fault but no solution has been suggested. This particular camera has been used constantly for nearly 25 years without CLA so I can't complain.

Regards Daniel

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    SOLVED..

I tried replacing the batteries.. that did not un-jam it, though it may have been the cause. I know it did not have new batteries since i bouight it.

Anyway what I ended up doing was GENTLY pushing the shutter blades down (not in!) which seemed to complete the cycle and the mirror returned.

Also just to clarify it does have a 1/125 setting however it will not work without the battery.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello Darinwc,

I've just read the ME Super manual again page 12:

"125X This is a 1/125sec. mechanical shutter speed provided primarily for flash synchronization with electronic flash units other that the AF 200s. In addition because the shutter operates mechanically without batteries at this setting, it comes in handy in the event of battery failure. ......... it is also handy for preliminary film advance. "

Maybe time for a rub down with an oily rag?

Regards Daniel

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin