Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,290   Posts: 1,681,253   Online: 1076

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use a plastic public library bag ( preferred by street people ) they're incredibly strong and can carry a 21/4 Speed with holders.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My favorite so far has been a Lowepro sling bag that slides to the front of you and unzips to a top-down. Seems complicated but it works really well in practice. Plus, its nearly unmarked and looks like a regular student backpack. If worn properly (not just slung over the shoulder) it'd be nearly impossible for someone running by to just snag off your arm. The only downside is that it's "designed for digital" so there's no real convenient place for film, a meter, etc. And you'd have to redo all the velcro/padding holding spots for anything other than an SLR.

Come to think of it, wonder if could cram the Rolleicord or Bronica GS-1 in there. I bet a Kiev 60 or Pentax 67 would fit just fine. If the F5 will fit in there, anything should.

Shooter
    35mm
    http://www.thinktankphoto.com/images..._228_large.jpg

That's a picture of someone using the UD 20.

If I can unload my pretty much brand-new Kata bag, I'll pick it up.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got to second those who point out it looks like a laptop bag. Why would this be good for cameras? The design doesn't even work well for laptops! The Tamrac and Quantaray bags are perfect fit for an OM body plus a wide and standard lens. They are small enough to wear on a belt or slung over the shoulder.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zenrhino View Post
    My favorite so far has been a Lowepro sling bag that slides to the front of you and unzips to a top-down. Seems complicated but it works really well in practice. Plus, its nearly unmarked and looks like a regular student backpack.
    I prefer the Lowepro Slingshot as well. About 90% of my photography is walking around city streets and if you are creative you can really pack stuff into this bag. It can get a bit tight, but its still worth it for me at least. I mainly use a Pentax 6x7, a Pentax 645, a F100, and a Contax G1. I can fit numerous combos in the bag.

I have the smallest Slingshot they make btw and my "go to" kit for touring or walking around is generally my Pentax 645 with a 55mm Lens attached + a Contax G1 with the 45mm Planar + one more lens for either. I can also switch out the Contax for the F100 + an extra lens. If I need more lenses then I go with the Contax and the F100 + 2 lenses for the Nikon. There are a ton of possibilities. As always YMMV.

I can stuff some combo of 10 rolls of 120 and 35 film in the top pocket with spare batteries. I generally dont use filters except for UV's which are permanently on the lenses.

And yes, a Pentax 6x7 will fit. I have occasionally packed my Pentax 6x7 with lens attached + either a Contax g1 w one lense or a Nikon F100 with one lens. Now this is tight and the Nikon ISNT very easily accessible but it works in a pinch. Also, Ill usually fasten different focal lengths to each camera so as to not have to pack extra lenses. However in general if I take that beast out I just bring it by itself.

There are compromises of course but I prefer to take the absolute least when I go out.
    Last edited by adsantos13; 10-13-2008 at 08:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zenrhino View Post
    My favorite so far has been a Lowepro sling bag that slides to the front of you and unzips to a top-down... snip.... so there's no real convenient place for film, a meter, etc. And you'd have to redo all the velcro/padding holding spots for anything other than an SLR.
    I have a Slingshot 300 and it holds a 4x5 Speed Graphic, 10 filmholders, extra lens and small stuff... no problem on that part.

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the 'Urban Disguise' bags all say, 'There is something expensive inside here, please mug me!'
    I use a cheap canvas shoulder bag with room for a Bessa R3M with 2 extra lenses, film and filters, or a Nikon F80 with 1 extra lens, film and filters or a Bronica with filters, extra film back and film.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An old Billingham is probably the ideal but, having googled them as I've never heard of such a creature before, the Library bag idea sounds good: no mugger is going to steal books...

I don't do much urban but when I am walking around with a SLR I use a medium size Slingshot. Very practical and looks much like any other small backpack (clearly the wrong shape to hold a laptop) until you swing it around and get the camera out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I could afford it I'd use a Brooks Barbican Messenger bag.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just bought http://www.carltontravelgoods.com/co...ius_travel.asp messenger bag, orange/gray, about 30 Euros.

Andy, that Brooks is too expencive, I mean 279.00 € (219.13 £, 380.53 $) for a shoulder bag!
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin