Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,484   Posts: 1,571,256   Online: 1030

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    I used to before I had a sig. other, often dress in blue chambray shirt, old but not ripped jeans, and a olive drab, cotton army jacket (my lovely ----- threw it away, THAT caused friction) while shooting, as I am getting back into photography again, is there any substantial bag, that fairly closely resembles an old rounded duffel type bag. (Not full size one)
    As I fully intend to dress as I once did while shooting (whether she likes it or not) and such a bag would make me look more like an old hippy, than some one who has equipment worth a fair of money in the bag.

I do not want a genuine duffel as the gear would just bang around but one that has some sort of removable compartment inserts, but no pretty colors, or names on the outside, in basic earth tone colors, IF any such thing exists.
    I am not a small person so people tend to leave me alone, but I found years ago that one's dress often has impact on how freely one can move around without being hassled by x, y, or z.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I prefer the Domke bags. The Think Tank's look too expensive for my taste. You should see the bag Tom Abrahamsson totes around full of Leicas. Looks like he found it in his grandmother's attic. That's my style. Get an army bag and fit it with inserts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was thinking of this one for my medium format camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails policestuff_2020_44330292.jpg  
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Curt -

I've been looking at that exact, same bag (though in brown)! I've contacted the company for more info about dimensions as well, but no response as yet.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I guess I need a hole in the head, because I just bought a UD-50 for my Linhof Tech V 2x3" kit. This is a very well made and practically designed bag that looks a lot less conspicuous than your average camera bag. Lots of people are carrying bags around the city that look like this, so even if it looks like a laptop case, laptop cases are pretty ubiquitous.

I bought this camera a while back to have a smaller Technika for travel now that we have a child, and I'm usually traveling with a laptop, so the combination camera bag/laptop case is perfect for me. I can fit the camera with the grip and finder attached and still have plenty of space for lenses and everything else I usually carry. There are lots of useful pockets and compartments, a flap for putting it on luggage wheels or the handle of a rollaboard type bag, and all the construction, zippers and hardware are sturdy, and it's got a nicely padded strap.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also use a messenger bag for my gear, a Timbuk2. I use it with a Domke insert. If you do a search for Timbuk2 and Domke you will see quite a few examples of people using that.

I liked the Urban Disguise idea, but as someone else said, no flap, just a zippered opening, and I'm not even sure if its a water-resistant zipper that is used.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin