Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,072   Online: 933

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by snegron View Post
    Actually, I believe it is the exact opposite. The silver colored bodies stand out much more than the black bodies. The black bodies are less noticeable in low light conditions, silver bodies can be seen from far away.
    Fine if you are on black ops but black is the color of pros, and government people and people are often either curious or annoyed if you point one at them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear mr know-it-all,
    The black bodies are less obtrusive, just ask any correspondent who has taped the camera to reduce reflections etc.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    John, actually there are chrome stealth bombers that are so inobtrusive that nobody's even seen one yet. We only see the black ones.

</sarcasm>
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Dear mr know-it-all,
    The black bodies are less obtrusive, just ask any correspondent who has taped the camera to reduce reflections etc.
    Dear Herr doofi: If one has a chrome camera, you look like an amateur, if you have black, many people assume you do it for a living.

When I used my chrome Pentax people paid little attention to me; when I started using my black Topcon people would often approach me and ask me if I was a photographer.

I don't know, maybe you were holding so the sun was shining in everyone's eyes, I never in my life tried to hide my camera and sneak around, afraid the silver glint would expose me.
    "The black bodies are less noticeable in low light conditions, silver bodies can be seen from far away."
    I think some here watch too many spy movies.

I would also love to get a silver F5, where do you get these? :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyR View Post

When I used my chrome Pentax people paid little attention to me; when I started using my black Topcon people would often approach me and ask me if I was a photographer.
    I would also love to get a silver F5, where do you get these? :rolleyes:
    Dear Mr know-it-all,
    As Jorge's signature line said "If you buy a piano, you own a piano. If you buy a camera you're a photographer."
    You forgot F100's!
    I'd be willing to rattle can your F5 silver, for a price. I promise to use only the finest Rustoleum has to offer. No warranty on further operation though.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, everything has been said, but I once had both and prefer the F100, why? Well, the F5 it's just a brick, too heavy IMHO and besides 100% viewfinder, removable prisms and some other bells & whistles, the "F5 Lite" share many of the features of the bigger sister.

Both wonderful instruments, but to me, the F100 is more than enough for almost everything.

Good luck with your choice!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    i want a chrome F100, all my other cameras are chrome

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Dear Mr know-it-all,
    As Jorge's signature line said "If you buy a piano, you own a piano. If you buy a camera you're a photographer."
    You forgot F100's!
    I'd be willing to rattle can your F5 silver, for a price. I promise to use only the finest Rustoleum has to offer. No warranty on further operation though.
    OOOOOOH, wow Rustoleum Silber F5 Nikon, be still my heart....

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by GraemeMitchell View Post
    I shoot F5s on a regular basis. The main weakness of the F5 imo compared to modern pro cameras is the AF. It's fast, sure, and 12 years ago was tops, but by todays standards it's dated. Mostly b/c there's only 5 points and they're in a narrow spread. For this reason I usually have the F5s set to manual focus. (This same criticism goes for the F100).

They weren't on your list, but my favorite Nikon bodies are the F3hp and the F6. My F3s see more use than any of my other gear.
    Most compelling/useful/insightful post I've seen in a while. Manual focus can be a fantastic feature!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The F3 is a fine camera but I much prefer the F100 to it. The F3's major drawback for me is its lack of a spot meter as well as its less than stellar performance with flash (slow flash sync).

Concerning the F5 or F100, I own both and generally prefer using the F100 for general purpose, carry around shooting. I remove the battery pack and it makes for a lightweight and unobtrusive package; love the F100 with a 50mm lens. The F5 I keep loaded with Velvia and mainly just use it on a tripod.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin