Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,941   Posts: 1,585,717   Online: 1122

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    Interestingly, Andre has said almost exactly what a local pro wedding photog said to me recently. She found the F5 very heavy and slightly intimidating for both formal and informal pics. When that was combined with the extra cost of the F5 to give her additional functions that she didn't need then it was an easy decision to go with the F100.

If only the F5 feels right and not getting one were to leave the OP with "an itch that couldn't be scratched" then the decision is equally clear but in that case the question wouldn't have been posed to the APUG community.

The best advice is try before you buy. Borrow both cameras and use them in typical shoots over several days before a final decision. Easier said than done. I wonder which, if any, dealers would allow you to "pay" for the more expensive of the two cameras and hold your money in a kind of escrow account until you had decided and then return to you the difference should you go with the cheaper option.

Of course you'd have to be prepared to buy one from that dealer at the end and risk costs if the camera was damaged in any way. I suspect that these days that kind of "gentleman's agreement where my word is my bond" is getting increasingly difficult to find in a world that glorifies the "winner by any means - fair or foul" and despises the loser as a sucker who deserves all he gets.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    It's pretty easy to get money back via ebay/paypal if the item isn't as described and you have proof.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin