Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,225   Posts: 1,659,707   Online: 943

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordXenu View Post
    But I don't have the money for Large Format.
    then i guess you gotta do the lensbaby thing

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The easy way to get the effect is to take a photograph of a photograph of the scene. The second photograph is most effective when the camera's focus plane is not parallel to the original picture and the lens is a maximum aperture (or tilted) for minimum depth of field.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Along the lines of what Maris is saying, you can also throw your enlarger out of whack and get similar effects, or do a contact print in which you lift edges....

I confess that I found the effect interesting for a few weeks and did the usual with tilt on a mini-view camera...

http://keithwilliamsphoto.net/Closer...onticello.html
    http://keithwilliamsphoto.net/Closer...20Columns.html
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Tilt and shift can be done on an enlarger easily enough. Just remember to put it back to normal when you're done otherwise you'll be cursing your camera and technique when you can't find focus.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't have an enlarger...yet. I need to find out how much they cost.

I think that developing film would be too daunting for me right now, but I think I could pull off making some prints in my bathroom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin