Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,864   Online: 906

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yup, it's great, and donations to a university program are nothing but good. I just thought it was funny that the kids would rather fight over 3 cameras than figure out how to pick up something dirt cheap themselves.

If I had a spare camera I'd donate it. I have two actually, but they are in such poor condition (a broken shutter on one, gummed up shutter curtains on the other) that I wouldn't give them to my worst enemy.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanstarr View Post
    Derrick...
    I'm trying to get some cameras for some of the youth I work with at the shelter here in Edmonton. If I get some extra ones I'll send them your way. Let me know what you're looking for.
    ...Jordan.
    Sure thing Jordan! After reading the article this morning, I emailed the art department to see what they were looking for. She said they were primarily looking for 35mm equipment, but would be willing to take anything. Anything they wouldn't be able to use would be passed along to other schools.

On an unrelated note, I'll be up in Edmonton in the summer sometime. We should meet up!
    Derrick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by walter23 View Post
    Something's kinda screwy with finances in this province though. Infrastructure and health care has been kind of falling apart, universities (allegedly) poorly funded - I mean tuition has doubled in the last half decade.

I think it may eventually emerge that there has been some massive (multi)billion dollar fraud going on in the government, or between government and big industry or certain individuals, but that's just a hunch, and it will be up to other people to uncover it eventually.
    Not just that, but even if the university was getting funding from the government, a majority of it would be divided up and spread towards areas that make for nice front page material, ie: medical research, technology, engineering, etc... "Undergrad still uses film!" doesn't make for exciting news, unfortunately.
    Derrick

Shooter
    35mm
    ho ho, look our boys from Canada. Good. Just stay together.
    Daniel OB
    www.Leica-R.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin