Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,942   Posts: 1,585,745   Online: 1115

Shooter
    4x5 Format

anybody know anything about a "Milda Automatic" lens???

about a year ago I bought a Minolta SRT-201 and a rokkor 135/2.8 as well as this Milda 35/2.8 lens.....I'm curious as to what this "Milda" company is because I can't find anything about them with a simple google.

after using it a bit I'm convinced it's an adequate paperweightbut I would be open to hearing other opinions.....I think this particular lens cost 15 bucks.

here's a photo of the whole setup:
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/220/4...97aecade_o.jpg

also, I'm having the damndest time with the batter thing....I'm using a hearing aid battery but I just don't trust it
    Last edited by srmcnamara; 05-09-2008 at 07:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Are you sure it is a Milda and not a Miida?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    now there's something!!!!

it is Miida...

huh.

reading is good sometimes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Marubeni Iida, MIIDA for short, was a marketing company, not a lens-maker. Second tier. But if you can get your camera to work -- it doesn't need a battery for anything but the meter and a hearing aid battery will replace a 1.35v mercury cell -- give the lens a try. Not all second tier lenses were dreadful.

Shooter
    35mm

hearing aid batteries

Based on a very limited attempt to use zinc-air hearing aid batteries in an old exposure meter designed to use a mercury cell, I concluded that they are totally unsuited to photographic use do to their very short lifetime after you remove the adhesive seal. I guess you could use one for a day's shooting and then discard it.
    [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][/FONT]Chuck B

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin