Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,667   Posts: 1,481,713   Online: 787

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looks like Lomo

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have THIS camera...

I've used it with black and white and colour 400 speed film and the results are great! It's cheap, fun and a great conversation piece.

You can shoot 4 at the same time, 2 up at a time, or all 4 individually... For 4 individuals it can be timed at different speeds or 4 separate fires of the trigger. A great little camera!

joe

Shooter
    Multi Format

Lomo LC-A

Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    Bentley, that would be the Lomo LC-A (or more rare LC-M). The 'lomo' cameras referred to here are crappy plastic chinese made multi-lensed toys which are sold by the Lomographic Society International at vastly inflated rip-off prices.

The Lomo factory in St Petersburg recently ceased production of the Lomo LC-A, so now the Lomographic Society has had to find its' bread and butter elsewhere. You can see the cameras they now sell and the prices :o at the following link.

http://shop.lomography.com/shop/
    Hi Andy, thats the one. Its been a long time, must be around twenty years, as you say the price is unbelievable £173!! I know that in those days the then Soviet Union sold optical equipment at a loss, because they needed western currency to buy grain from the U.S.A. and Canada, and, even allowing for the twenty years, since we sold the camera for £29-99! It seems to me how true what someone I used to know said "Things are worth what you can get for them".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, I don't get it. $60 for the cheap plastic thing. $90 and up for a LC-A. What's the deal? An Olympus MJU goes for about $40.

A Holga is what, $30? A Yashica GTN about $30?

I don't get it. All of that just to take bad pictures?
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin