Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,864   Online: 1098

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like Lomo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some years ago, browsing through the sales bin at my local post office/newsagent's I found a funny little 35mm camera: it sports four tiny lenses and gives four tiny exposures on on frame. The trouble is that it didn't come with any instructions as to shutter speed and aperture. It has no brand name or whatever but it looks very much like the Lomo Sampler.
    My question: what are the shutter speed and aperture. I am clueless. How about you?

Hans

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Are you sure that's not a Nimslo?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello David,

Not it is certainly not the Nimslo which would yield 3D prints and had three little lenses; this Lomo clone uses ordinary 35mm film and has four lenses and a "rotating" shutter.

Greetings

Hans

Images
    Sure sounds like a LOMO Action Sampler to me unless the lenses are all in a line which would make it a Super Sampler. For some reason I think that it is a toy camera that is made in China so there might be some floating around with no association with LOMO.

Neal
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have several of these, including a cute little plastic model that uses 100 speed film. No way to change any settings, so I am assuming it is about 100-125 in speed and f11 or f16 in aperture. Used HP5+ with it , as I shoot that film between 160 and 250 ISO, depending on which camera I am using. The negatives look ok, would hate to see what I would have if I had been using ISO 100.
    I just got a higher end model that features a DX system, and is a little more envolved. Haven't developed any negatives from this one.

they are fun to play with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ann,

I will try your recommendations and run a HP5 film through the Lomo clone.

Thanks

Hans

sounds like someone needs a LOMO-bodomy. }:^)>

- sorry just couldn't resist the pun-
    Grain- it's a three dimensional problem.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It will be interesting to get some feed back on the density level of the negatives. When I get around to processing some film from my new toy I will let you know. THat will not be until the end of August as I wil be gone for several weeks and even when returning it will take me a bit to develop all the film I am taking along.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used to sell Lomos in the photo shop I managed,as far as I remember they had a black metal body,about the size of a Rolli 35, And a vertical sliding cover over the one lense, the only other thing I recall is that looking through the viewfinder there was a very marked amount of barrel distortion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bentley, that would be the Lomo LC-A (or more rare LC-M). The 'lomo' cameras referred to here are crappy plastic chinese made multi-lensed toys which are sold by the Lomographic Society International at vastly inflated rip-off prices.

The Lomo factory in St Petersburg recently ceased production of the Lomo LC-A, so now the Lomographic Society has had to find its' bread and butter elsewhere. You can see the cameras they now sell and the prices :o at the following link.

http://shop.lomography.com/shop/

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin