Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,586   Online: 1083

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes the Bronicas are mirror "clack" cameras and on my GS1 I can if I like pre shot the mirror so I get no fibration from it when I use a long lens or for macro work!
    They are really fine cameras and much less in a repair center then the Hassis!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I had an S2A and loved it. However the lack of parts and repairabililty finally made me switch over to Blads.

I have put many years, miles, tons of film and abuse on my Blads and have NEVER had to take them in for repair. I only CLA them about once every 4 years on top of that. I just don't have time for equipment that fails. If they were as unreliable as some people try and make it sound they would not have been adopted by the vast majority of professional shooters.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use my Bronica SQ-Ai exclusively, and it's a fabulous camera. It's comfortable for me, and I've never had any problems with it. I bought it used -- seven years old -- for $900 for the body, 80mm lens, 220 back, waist-level viewfinder, speedgrip, and a few extras. You can get them for less now on e-bay. I know Mamiyas are great cameras, but the lenses and repairs made it cost prohibitive for me. I seriously doubt most humans could tell the difference between a large Mamiya print vs. a large Bronica print.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin