Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,526   Posts: 1,572,361   Online: 1044

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks ath [QUOTE][The sonnar needs the additional elements for correcting the errors coming with the bigger aperture and they interfere with the mirror.
    While there is no direct link aperture - mirror clearance there is an indirect one.

As for the symmetrical lenses (gauss lenses): they need additional elements as well. A 50mm/1,4 has typically 7 elememts, a 50mm/2 has 5 or 6. The lens block gets physically longer and has to be moved slightly more outside for mirror clearance./QUOTE] This is what I was getting at.

OK you could make a simple 3 element non retrofocus f1.4 50mm - but the the opticla errors would make it a grim lens to use (compared to a more complicated design). so if some one wants to manufacture a high quality say f1.2 50mm lens - due to the length of the optical train, when would the 15mm rear lens /fim plane distane become a concern for the lens designer. I thick the 50mm f1.2 would not cause them concern but a 24mm f1.4 etc. OK with modern computing they can try diferrent optical lay outs which would have a slight effect on the rear lens element so it won't be a hard and fast rule.

Tom
    My 35mm f1.2 CV Nokton is my fastest M mount lens, it is an Aspheric non-retrofocus wide angle design. The front-most lens element diameter is about 52mm. The rear-most lens element diameter is about 29mm.
    Thanks for that, so a 35 f1.2 does not have to be a retrofocus design - this is what I am trying to get at. People say its a lump of a lens ...but its not as big or heavy as the ZF F2 35mm (but I love the handling of this lens).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=kram;647044]Thanks ath
    [The sonnar needs the additional elements for correcting the errors coming with the bigger aperture and they interfere with the mirror.
    While there is no direct link aperture - mirror clearance there is an indirect one.

As for the symmetrical lenses (gauss lenses): they need additional elements as well. A 50mm/1,4 has typically 7 elememts, a 50mm/2 has 5 or 6. The lens block gets physically longer and has to be moved slightly more outside for mirror clearance./QUOTE] This is what I was getting at.

OK you could make a simple 3 element non retrofocus f1.4 50mm - but the the opticla errors would make it a grim lens to use (compared to a more complicated design). so if some one wants to manufacture a high quality say f1.2 50mm lens - due to the length of the optical train, when would the 15mm rear lens /fim plane distane become a concern for the lens designer. I thick the 50mm f1.2 would not cause them concern but a 24mm f1.4 etc. OK with modern computing they can try diferrent optical lay outs which would have a slight effect on the rear lens element so it won't be a hard and fast rule.

Tom Thanks for that, so a 35 f1.2 does not have to be a retrofocus design - this is what I am trying to get at. People say its a lump of a lens ...but its not as big or heavy as the ZF F2 35mm (but I love the handling of this lens).
    You are welcome! Of course, the Zeiss ZF F2 35mm is not an M mount lens (it's an SLR lens and IT IS a retrofocus design).

The Zeiss Biogon T* 2/35 ZM is an M mount lens and IS NOT a retrofocus design.

I also have the ZM 50mm f2 Planar and the ZM 50mm f1.5 Sonnar.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin