Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,445   Online: 794

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    The major local surviving indie camera shop sells "pro pack" film a roll at a time. This is never individually boxed. I've actually gotten used to it.

Shooter
    35mm
    All the film I've gotten from Adorama has always come individually boxed - VS, Kodachrome, UC, Reala - every one of them. It would seem an exception for it not to be individually boxed. I recently got 20 rolls of Elite Chrome Extra "Colour" (it is only made for Europe now, apparently) from Unique Photo, and it did come in two boxes of ten rolls each.

But what is the real problem? Do you need to be reminded of the speed? If you set the ASA dial when you load the film, that shouldn't be a problem. Do you use the memo holder to remind you that the camera has film loaded? Then a blank card in the memo holder would work as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by thuggins View Post
    But what is the real problem?
    The worst problem is that vendors don't always provide emulsion lot numbers or expiration dates. Most do, actually -- they put a sticker on the product with the information. I have received film with no such data, though, which can be a bit troubling.

Shooter
    35mm

film data

Well thuggins when you have several cameras and several types of film in them or something like that you want to keep track of what is in what camera. I might shoot Ektachrome 100 in one AE-1 while shooting Kodachrome 64 in another AE-1. It's good to know which is which.

-Kevin

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbell View Post
    Guys I order my film (slide) usually at least 5-6 rolls at a time from adorama. The bad thing is they don't send them in the little kodak boxes and I need the Ektachrome 100 and Kodachrome 64 card board pieces from the box to place in my memo holder on back of my SLR. Can you request that they leave the film in the boxes or what? I'd like to get a few in the boxes so I can get the piece off the box to put in my memo holder. Any ideas?

-Kevin
    Dear Kevin

I apologise that it has taken me a little while to respond - I'm relatively new, and had sent this query to the wrong person............

the answer is, that we buy these films in bulk, so we don't have the little boxes ourselves.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be of any more assistance in this.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Shooter
    35mm

Adorama

Helen,

Hey and glad to hear your response. Let me first say that I have no problem with Adorama whatsoever. In fact I enjoy doing business with you guys. I believe you offer some good deals. I just wanted to know how we could obtain a box, if possible. I didn't mean that each one had to be in a box, maybe just one of each film type if it were possible. I see now that you guys buy it pretty much the same way I get it and thats an understandable explanation. Again I appreciate Adoramas good deals and availability of film. I also appreciate this very personal customer service. Thanks and welcome to the forum! I look forward to chatting with you!

-Kevin

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbell View Post
    Well thuggins when you have several cameras and several types of film in them or something like that you want to keep track of what is in what camera. I might shoot Ektachrome 100 in one AE-1 while shooting Kodachrome 64 in another AE-1. It's good to know which is which.

-Kevin

Kevin,
    Why don't you save the old box ends and keep reusing them? I do the same as others suggested, I write the film type on a piece of paper (if I don't have the box). You're sounding very persnickety, for lack of a better term.

I can understand the problem of not knowing the expiration dates, though.

Paul
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I printed out "stickers" to put on the back on FA whenever I need to know what film I'm using. Once I'm done, I just peel it off and discard.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of my 35mm cameras is an old Pentax (SV). Doesn't even have a holder like my Nikons. I just jot whatever info I need on a strip of masking tape and affix it to the camera base.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    35mm

Boxes

Well i'm not persnickity, I just like the retail boxing if available. I've never had one though as I am younger (34) and just started shooting slides in the last couple years. I've had to order the film because there are no slide films here. Since I have to order it I order several at a time (5-6 rolls). I've never even had a retail box though. If I had got some retail boxes in the past then yes i'd have used them over and over in the camera as I only shoot a couple types of film. The only print film we have here is that kodak 200 speed which is grainy and poor color rendition as compared to the Fuji. The Fuji though isn't that much better as it's their bottom of the line 200 speed. 100 Speed print film is almost non-existent here. I don't really care about print film that much but it would be nice to have some available that was good....if needed. I really only shoot slides and thus use Ektachrome 100 or some similar Fuji. As far as developing I don't know of any Kodak labs here. All the labs here are Fuji based as are the sendout labs.

-Kevin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin