Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,568   Online: 867

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Quick Film Question

Guys I order my film (slide) usually at least 5-6 rolls at a time from adorama. The bad thing is they don't send them in the little kodak boxes and I need the Ektachrome 100 and Kodachrome 64 card board pieces from the box to place in my memo holder on back of my SLR. Can you request that they leave the film in the boxes or what? I'd like to get a few in the boxes so I can get the piece off the box to put in my memo holder. Any ideas?

-Kevin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Keven,
    Here's what I do for my Nikon's.Find some white cardboard that is the approximate thickness of the paper used in a film box.Cut it to size and wright down you film info.I use match book covers.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When bulk loading, I bought a small pack of index cards and cut them to the right size, actually a bit taller then the film box ends (always found them hard to remove from the camera back). I could not only note the type of film, but the speed and number of frames loaded to the cassette.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    35mm
    Writing down information on small bits of cardboard, as Mike and Bob suggest, is an option. If you want the pretty logos and whatnot, you could scan a box end (you'd obviously need one box), duplicate it in a graphics program, and print a whole sheet. You could use an image from a Web site instead of a scan, with slightly less good results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

bulk loading tip

when bulk loading, clip off a bit of film the width of the box top. Write on it the film on the base side the type of film & number of exposires with a sharpie indelible marker. Slip it into the film can with the bulk loaded roll. When you finish the roll, stick this little tab back into the film cannister.

Back in the darkroom, once the film is loaded on the reel and being developed, drop the info bit into a small beaker/glass with the fixer, and note how long it takes to clear. Then when your film os done developing and has been rinsed/ stop bathed, then you know to fix for twice the time the sample bit took to clear.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't think he's doing any bulk loading/developing of Kodachrome

This is actually one of my complaints with Adorama/B&H, that some films do not come with the boxes. I understand they buy these films in bulk but I would like to know when I buy them. Maybe it's no big deal to most people, but I feel kinda slighted and it's not like I'm getting a huge discount. I've never received K64 this way or E100VS.

I've never written on an index card or anything, I've just remembered what I had in there. I guess if you can find ONE box of film then you can keep the tab. If you don't have a K64 tab I can mail you one. I think I also have an E100VS tab laying around if that is the Ektachrome 100 that you need.

Nick
    Kodachrome
    They give us those nice bright colors
    They give us the greens of summers
    Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah.
    -Paul Simon

Shooter
    35mm

Boxes

Nick,

Ha you said it better than I did! Thats exactly the way I feel as well. I feel like I should get at least one dang box when I order from them. As you said it's not like we are getting some cheap thing!

-Kevin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You could always request boxed film. They might oblige. You never know until you ask.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know that Kodak still sells black & white films individually, but I'm not sure that they are still selling their professional color film in single boxes. I was at Adorama yesterday and didn't see any.

Tim

Shooter
    35mm

Boxes?

So if they aren't selling them in boxes over the counter in singles then what are they selling them in? I thought over the counter, as in single products, had to be labeled for individual sale?

-Kevin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin