Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,746   Posts: 1,515,666   Online: 810

I have a zoom lense made about 30-40 years ago and its missing and apature spring, or atleast the pin doesnt work and just flop around, yes its an old screw mount. I would like to know where in mass or mail out place i can get it fixed. it's manufactures by "Sun Optical" and marketed by "Aetne Optix". I would like to get the cheapest deal with good results. heres the front cover of the old manuel. (the apature is stuck all the way open because the pin isnt working)
    paintball+Hiking+rock climbing+ photography- the crazy things you see or hear out night photograping= a great time

you might try essex camera repair. they have a good reputation. here's the URL:

http://essexcamera.com/

be warned though, it might cost more to repair this than a new zoom would cost. a new zoom would probably give much better results.

Take care.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For the price a camera technician would charge you could go out and buy a new one.
    You may as well look at repairing it yourself, the linkage in question is probably just under the base plate and there may be screws you can remove to access that.
    For what its worth, I'd buy a new one first then take the old one apart for the fun of it. This is a very old and cheap design, you could very well find another similar lens for less than $50 used.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I picked up a mint-condition Vivitar M42 screw-mount 135mm f2.8 prime for £15 a couple of years ago. I'd join the chorus suggesting that you replace rather than repair.

All the best

Frank

I made a fine 16x loupe from the rear element of a crappy zoom lens that pooped out on me several years ago.

Mounted the element, using its two threaded mount rings, into the top of a plastic box my favorite local lab uses for 35mm slides. The element-to-film distance was darned near perfect. All I hafta do to focus precisely if vary the finger pressure I put on the lid.

The rest of that nasty lens I scrapped.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin