Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,223   Online: 893

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you prefer a manual camera that is simple, with only needed features and do not care about AF[remember that most shorter AF lenses have a plastic body, while the older MF lenses are metal] I would go for the F3.
    If you want a camera with a lot of automation, AF, while still preserving traditional dials, go for the F4.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djacobox372 View Post
    F100's are nearly as cheap as f3's and f4's these days.... I'd go for one of those!
    I have to agree. I've owned an F4s for years but after getting a F100 off ebay for an insanely low price, I never look back. The deals that are going on ebay are great for the F100 and it is worth every bit. I highly recommend it.

Shooter
    Medium Format

I've used both and vote for the F4s...

I started with an F, graduated to the F2s, then got an F3HP with motor drive. Basically got out of it to go autofocus, but also because the motor drive contacts were not reliable on my model, causing it to not shoot sometimes when I needed it to.

I now have the F4s, and use it both in AF and MF modes (not convinced the AF is always spot-on with this camera), and just love the feel and function of it (forgiving the AF fudginess). I also love the feel of the grip for both horizontal and vertical shooting. And I echo others' posts about the built-in diopter correction. I have a hard time with some models that don't have it (like my Nikkormat EL).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the F2SB, F3 and the F4, if given a choice would still go and buy another F4. It is the most versatile camera I own and the lens availability is phenomenal given its age; all Nikon lenses up to the newer (horrible) G types with very few restrictions on metering.

Oh and it does have manual rewind and a quiet mode on the motor drive.

Weight is not a problem for me as I am of an age where plastic still makes me question quality.

David.

http://davidalockwood.wordpress.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin