Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,873   Online: 1068

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Canon EOS 35mm user group?

I am considering starting a Group in APUG for sharing advice and ideas about Canon 35mm EOS cameras. Would this be a starter? I notice there is an FD Group.
    My premise is that EOS film cameras and lenses have been around for more than 20 years and there is now a lot of good analogue equipment out there. For people like me who still want to use film rather than digital but like autofocus, the availability of affordable cameras and lenses is a boon. I am particularly interested in the RS cameras - the 1N Rs and the RT - cameras with pellicle mirrors.
    I have quite a lot of knowledge of the EOS film system and might be able to offer good advice. I also love FD stuff but it is becoming more remote for some people.
    Gary, London, UK

Shooter
    35mm
    Sounds good to me (an EOS 5 and 1000f owner)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There must be a lot of members who are EOS users, I would think it would be very popular.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good idea. I have an EOS 1N HS & EOS 500, and I would quite like another 1N (or V) or a 33V.
    The poor old 500 is cracking up around the pop up flash.
    I also use that-which-must-not-be-named in EOS mount too, so I can swap my lenses between both formats.

BTW, You have to be a subscriber to start a group, so you'll have to subscribe or get someone else to run the group.
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in (33v + assortment of lenses). I've been using EOS cameras since 1995.
    S°ren

"We are much more likely to act our way into a new way of thinking than think our way into a new way of acting." - R. Pascale

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I use a 1n, and a 3000v. the 3000v more than the 1n, as its smaller and lighter. nearer the size of my 400d, which got me interested in photography

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm certainly in (EOS 650 user).

I've started to realise just what canon offers atop that offered by any other brand. A flawlessly designed system (without quirks to make older hardware work), completely integrated and possibly the most ergonomically designed cameras. As well as those unbeatable fast primes.

On another note, it's interesting how some threads seem to stay UK based, this one being a good example.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the comments. I am going to pay for my Subscription later (only been a Member of the APUG for a few weeks, but have lots of experience of other Forums) and will set up the Group later. Title will be:

Canon EOS 35mm Group

There's obviously some overlap with the FD Group (well, in terms of heritage, concepts and provenance, anyway) but my initial thoughts are that the Group will focus on matters to do with Canon EOS 35mm equipment: e.g. compatibility issues, versions of lenses, advice for publications, types of equipment to buy, queries about manual and accessories, etc...

Watch this space....

Gary (LONDON)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Definitely up for this - I've got lots of FD stuff, but my day-to-day workhorse is EOS-1V.

(Like Geoff, it was actually an EOS digital that got me interested in photography - a 300D though. Which obviously I never use since I graduated to film .)
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting, Tim. I started with a 300D too.
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin