Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,604   Online: 639

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    for things with finicky and delicate electronic parts, take no chances and go with the highest quality that is in your budget. however, BGN quality is (in my experience) absolutely fantastic for something hefty, mechanical, and metal.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would go with the excellent...not that much more money and it would always bother me when I looked at the damage the bargain camera had..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bought a BGN F5 from KEH last month and it was in surprisingly good condition. The only "flaw" it had was a 1/4" scuff on the prism and a missing eye cup. But the body itself was nearly spotless. No regrets at all and I may buy another.

-Joe

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Go for the BGN.. I've made a couple purchase from keh (all bgn) and was always surprised with the condition of the items. Plus, the F5 is built like a tank. Even a beater will last a lifetime !!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I buy mostly BGN condition and have been pleasantly surprised each time. The few times I have purchased EX, it is always in what I would consider 'almost new'. I feel confident with the BGN rated gear from KEH.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've returned a few BGN items from KEH because they were pretty beat up, more so than I would want to rely on especially if there's plenty of higher grade gear available at not too much more of an investment. I find EX to be my threshold of satisfaction from KEH.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've always bought Bargain grade from KEH. The only item I've ever returned was a Nikkor E lens that was mislabled as an AIS lens. Aside from that, KEH usually flags problems with equipment on their web.

One thing to note, if you buy it from KEH and something is wrong, they will gladly take it back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin