Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,661   Online: 741

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I love my Nikomat/Nikkormat bodies for really tough, inexpensive mechanical bodies. For around $75, you can get a nice FT2 or FT3 model. If you need modern, I'd say get a clean F100 for under $200. They've got all the features you're likely to want. For around $125, and fewer features than the F100, but not as spartan as the Nikomat, the FE2 and FM2 are hard to beat. My 2¢.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want auto, I am partial to the Olympus OM2 or Nikon FE2 or F3. There are so many possibilities it is hard to go wrong. I would probably avoid the OM10 for the auto only issue and the lower quality of construction. I do advise that you try to play around with one, something will feel right. Also, I strongly recommend something that not only works in manual mode, but works easily in manual mode. Too many cameras from that vintage were designed for only auto use in mind.

Prices are so low now, heck an F3 in bargain is $140 at KEH, that I would recommend getting something pretty solid.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you have a Nikon camera , why not an old Nikon ?
    A durable F3 HP with AI-AIS lenses ; this camera has a superb viewfinder , essential to easily manual focus , when coming from an autofocus system .
    Nikon AI-AIS lenses are optically good and not expensive ; and they can be used (manually) on many Nikon (D)SLR .

Shooter
    35mm

Manual camera

FWIW, I would suggest an old Nikon F, the original of the F series cameras. I own four (two with motors), and you can't get much more manual than an old F!

Shooter
    35mm
    Start with a good OM-1/1N. It's all mechanical, shutter works without batteries. The OM system has a great line of lenses, all widely available in the used market. I service the entire system if need be. John, www.zuiko.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cheap and cheerful: Nikon FE.

Small, convenient, reliable. Nikkor lenses are among the world's best and are readily available. Many are very inexpensive.

You should be able to get one for well under $100 US (probably around 75 quid knowing how much more stuff costs there).

I have a pair, one chrome, one black. You can add a motor drive (MD-12) if you want.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin