Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,949   Online: 1024

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hi, i have a 30 year old 55mm screwmount lens. I know he dont make screw mount anymore and they only make adoptors for bayonet mout to screwmout so i have to get a used lens. I've looked at ebay and was wondering if ANY screwmount would fit on my fujica ST801? Or if anyone has any detailed steps on taking the lens apart and removing the fungus (im very mechanicaly skilled).
    paintball+Hiking+rock climbing+ photography- the crazy things you see or hear out night photograping= a great time

I think the Russians [Might be Ukraine] companies do make screw mount lens. Some one else may also be making them.

Sorry don't know what fits a Fuji camera but if it's a M42 camera then any of the older stop down lenses should be fine. Things didn't get off the track until everybody came up with thier own wide open metering system.

I'd suggest a Pentax 50mm F/1.4 lens first. Second would be the 55mm F/1.8. Cheapest way to get either is usually on a camera. If you don't want the camera turn around and sell it to recover most of your money.

The Russian lenses are fairly cheap and if you get a good copy not bad lenses. But they all tend to be manual lenses. When you stop down the lens the aperture closes. Foccussing will be dark. I'd still lean towards a Pentax lens. Some of the other choices can be cheaper [Ricoh,Mayimya etc] but you'll have to do more research to make sure they'll fit.

The problem with fixing things is the glass actually damaged?

well, thx for the replie. If you stare at the lense for about an hour (what? i had nothing better to do.) you will be able to see several unoticable scratched which dont affect the pictuers but i find that the fungus unfocuses my pictures alilitle (which really shows up at infinty). other wise, the lense is great. where can i get these russian lens?
    paintball+Hiking+rock climbing+ photography- the crazy things you see or hear out night photograping= a great time

Images
    Actually, I am pretty sure you can buy any sigma or tamaron lens in MF Screwmount.
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There were a lot of M42 mounts in the old days. The best way is to find a camera store, screw it on, and see if you can meter. The Mamiya-Sekor Screwmounts of hte period seem to work fine with my older Pentax gear, and were not bad lenses either. Check out KEH.com under their Pentax Screwmount section; there are always a herd of lenses in the normal range.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ebay is the best place. Search for Fujinon.

There's one, at this moment for some $20:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=4688

Good luck!

Jorge O

You can find the Russian lenses on Ebay. Also various online dealers deal in them. Watch out for shipping etc. I'd still urge you to look at something like the Pentax lenses. The price difference between a mint Pentax normal lens and a Russian lens won't be very great once you factor in shipping.

Now if you're looking for something like an 85mm lens then the Russians make a lot more sense. Or the fisheyes. But for a normal I'd lean towards getting the best.

There is also somebody selling a Fuji camera with two normal lenses for $10. It can be cheaper to buy the camera and lens and throw out the camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have an old Fujica ST-605 still going strong with an M42 mount, I've seen them plenty of times on ebay going for nothing with the original Fujinon 55mm lens on them.
    Alternatively, I bought a Soligor zoom lens for it about three years ago so theres probably soom new lenses to be got out there with M42 mounts on them.
    "Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I'm going to take tomorrow."
    - Imogen Cunningham

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look in a used foto store or at ePay

Look for Takumars, Fujinons or yashinons. They'll all fit your camera.
    Even some Mamiya Lenses for DTL family are compatible.

There shouldn't cost more than $30 or so
    Mama took my APX away.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin