Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,032   Online: 738

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camera Foam Kit

Shooter
    35mm

Camera Foam Kit

I was looking at my cameras (two Nikon F's and an FE) and noticing how the foam is really worn. Has anyone replaced the foam themselves? It doesn't seem too difficult, just use some finesse. This guy on eBay has a pretty good looking deal for some foam to install in your machines...

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Truth-About-...QQcmdZViewItem

-R

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    35mm
    Those eBay Interslice kits are EXCELLENT! I've purchase 3 of those from Mr. Goodman, and he's a great guy to work with. Shipping is very quick, and supplies are top quality. Don't hesitate to do your own seal replacement if you are patient and careful. If you're a sloppy worker though, have someone else do it for you... So far I've done foam on about 8 old Nikons. No problems, but you do need to concentrate (screaming kids and a wife needing attention doesn't help).

Shooter
    35mm
    fear not--if you can sew a button you can replace the foam. tread softly in the vicinity of glass, mirrors and shutters

ps. http://www.wikihow.com/Sew-a-Button

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have bought several kits from Jon Goodman (Interslice). The instruction booklet covers many camera models and he has instructions for other models upon request. I did a re-foam job on two Yashica Electro 35, a Yashica MG-1, Mamiya M645 and a newly acquired Olympus Pen EES-2. All worked out very well.

Like the others say, take your time and be careful not to let the old foam material fall into the works of the camera.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Anyone who owns a Japanese camera should expect to replace the foam seals at some point. It takes about 20 minutes or half an hour to replace the seals. Make sure you remove as much of the old stuff as possible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    J.G rocks!
    If you need a hand drop him a note.He's more than happy to reply.Jon helped me solve the problem I had with a newly purchased Nikon N90s.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8300: BlackBerry8300/4.5.0.55 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Another vote for Jon and his seal kit. Great price and he shipped right away. I live in Dallas area and I got it the day after I ordered. He gave me a PDF step by step manual for my RB67.
    Kodachrome
    They give us those nice bright colors
    They give us the greens of summers
    Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah.
    -Paul Simon

Shooter
    35mm
    Ya I live in Dallas too and got it like the next day. Good foam too. Make sure you take inventory as to what you have because I wish I had used some of the other stuff for my mirror bumper. It really comes with a lot of different types.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin