Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,001   Online: 933

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Simple Q: lens cap size for Konica IIIa 50mm lens

I recently picked up a clean Konica IIIa with the 50mm f/1.8 lens. I'll be getting it CLA'd but first I need a lens cap. I'd almost prefer a push-on instead of a clip-in just to avoid any possibility of touching the clean lens.

My ruler says that a push-on would be either 58, 59, or 60mm. A clip-in would be a bit less.

Can anyone confirm the correct size, of either type? I'd certainly appreciate it.

Shooter
    35mm
    My Hoya filter book lists the Konica IIIA filter size at 43mm.

Tiffen Dealer book lists it as 43M (medium thread).

Neither has a slip-on cap size but from experience
    I would cuess at 45-46mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Google Greg Weber. He's the MAN for Konica information. Are you sending your IIIa to him?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yes. It'll be a bit pricey to get it CLA'd, as the shutter is sticky, but my preliminary pictures show me that the lens has nice qualities, and man is this thing quiet. I do think it's quieter than my Leica M2 or M3.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    With the thinness of the threads you oughtta just be able to mike it. No calipers handy? Just take it to a local machine/fabrication shop, auto parts store or such. You'll get looks but you'll get your answer as well.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the filter size is 43mm as mentioned the slip-on cap will have an inside diameter of 45mm. Clip on will be 43mm. You should be able to pick one up for a couple of bucks.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you to you all for this useful information.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin