Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,558   Online: 973

Shooter
    Multi Format

Canon Rebel 2000, XPro

I was just given this camera from an extremely nice lady from my local Freecycle. It came with a 28-80 and 70-300 Sigma lens. I also got about a dozen rolls of film (recently expired 11/07, 1/08) PhotoWorks film (200 and 400 speed film, marked as made in Italy). The lenses are good lenses; they have limited (1:2) Macro capability at their upper ranges).

I have a good stock of B&W film already, but this film gives me a chance to experiment more than usual. So, I am looking into xPro this film in B&W chemicals. Can anyone give me a good site that explains the procedures and how they vary from traditional B&W processing? I have done this before and it has always resulted in a blank negative.

Alternatively, if xpro isn't possible or is too difficult, I could always just drop the film off at Target or somewhere else for developing. I'm not too keen on buying more chemistry to develop C-41 and B&W.

Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    If you're serious about shooting you might want some better glass then that. I've found Sigma super telephoto lenses to be slow and soft. Luckily it has decent resale value, and is fine for casual shooting if there's enough light.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I realize the glass isn't great. My main question was Xpro C-41 color film in B&W chemicals. Specifically, how the process differs from B&W processing since every time I've done it I've gotten blank negatives.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin