Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,223   Online: 810

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zenit TTL

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for your answers.You helped me a lot.I will buy battery for the meter and I will check it.BTW I found that the battery which is equivalent with the old is the MRB625 1.35V.My camera produced in 1981.The Zenit is good for photos in rooms;

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nick10 View Post
    Thank you for your answers.You helped me a lot.I will buy battery for the meter and I will check it.BTW I found that the battery which is equivalent with the old is the MRB625 1.35V.My camera produced in 1981.The Zenit is good for photos in rooms;
    Nick,
    Best wishes and good luck with your photo adventures with your Zenit. It is capable of outstanding picture quality. It needs a loving person behind the viewfinder. Have fun.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    I have another question.I have read that I can see the depth of view before I take the picture.How can I do this;

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    Sunny 16 rule. USe the "ASA" as a shutter speed, set the f/stop to f/16 on a bright sunny day, and your exposure shall be pretty much dead on.
    In Cleveland the sun never shines that brightly and we use 'Sunny 11', though 'Cloudy 5.6' is more common.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    How can I see the depth of view in my Zenit;

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    How can I see the depth of view in my Zenit;
    Gently push down the shutter release; but not so far as to release the shutter. ( Or just do this before you wind the film and tension the shutter.) This will stop the lens down to the shooting aperture. Although the image you see in the viewfinder shall darken, you can still look closely to see what is in focus and what is not. A good test for you is to ask someone to stand for a picture outside. Use the depth of field test to see if there are any telephone poles, etc. suddenly appearing in focus and "growing out of their head."
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Some M42 lenses also have auto/manual (A/M) switches. Moving that from the A setting to the M setting will stop down the lens, producing a depth-of-field preview. This has the advantage of not risking an accidental exposure -- but not all lenses have these switches.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes the Helios has this switch.Today I bought the battery for the meter.But it is 1.5V instead of 1.35V.Do you think it is a problem;

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes the Helios has this switch.Today I bought the battery for the meter.But it is 1.5V instead of 1.35V.Do you think it is a problem;
    The meter might be off a bit with the 1.5V. You can still get 1.35V batteries; they are zinc-air "hearing aid" batteries, available from many pharmacies and other electronics stores. Usually the "675" hearing aid battery model works in most older cameras. They don't last as long was the old mercury ones, but they're usually pretty inexpensive, so changing them more frequently isn't a big deal.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Someone earlier recommended a Pentax 50mm f1.4 Takumar for the Zenit. Be VERY careful if you want to use this particular lens. I have the SMC version (the one with the extra pins/lugs on the back to support the full aperture metering on the SPF and ESII), and when I put it on my Zenit, the lens jammed and would not come off (a loud metallic 'clunk' when the lens was about 2/3 unscrewed). After about twenty minutes of pulling/pushing while unscrewing the lens, it somehow popped off, but I don't ever want to go through that again. OTOH, my 120 and 200mm Takumars and my 28mm Asanuma work with no problems, so it is, perhaps, the fact that the 50mm 1.4's rear element and surrounding metal stick out farther than on any other lenses I have. Just a thought....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin