Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,759   Posts: 1,484,005   Online: 1153

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by haris View Post
    And if you use camera without batteries, you would have to use handheld meter, and those use batteries too. Yes, there are meters without batteries, but for payed assigment can you trust on them or your head calculations?
    This is for personal work right now, not a paid gig at this point but that may change if it works well.

Your point is well taken.

I was actually thinking of addressing this concern with Ilford XP2, practice, and reasonable guesses.

Other thoughts about this are welcome.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Ana´s Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    On a simple mechanical camera with the single contact hot shoe (actually one center contact and one edge contact), the current is provided by the flash unit. The camera only operates a mechanical switch to complete the circuit, timed to coincide with the shutter opening fully.

Lee
    Thanks Lee

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Ana´s Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bnstein View Post
    Stephen Gandy has a line up of the various nikons with his 0.02 at http://www.cameraquest.com/nikonslr.htm. Basically its F2, FM2 or F by the looks of it.
    Thanks, great lead.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since you seem to have some F-mount lenses already I guess a Nikon rangefinder would be out of the question.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    Since you seem to have some F-mount lenses already I guess a Nikon rangefinder would be out of the question.
    Probably true for now but that's on the dream list for the future.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I agree on the F2 vote, and if it's not in pristine condition, these are generally very inexpensive. A Weston Master V meter can be very accurate if the cells are fresh, and of course has no battery.
    N

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Get a selenium cell light meter - no battery required. I have a Weston Master IV and it reads pretty close compared to the various built-in centre-weighted TTL meters in my SLRs.

Ian

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    F, F2, FM3A, FM10, or any of the Nikkormats.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

WilsonNeal and Stan160 both have come up with the main points I wanted to make about the mechanical Nikons and the Weston or other selenium cell light meters. The only thing I can add now is to voice the implied part of the recommendation for one of the older mechanical Nikon cameras (F, F2, et cetera), and to use only the standard pentaprism, not one of the light measuring types such as the T, FTn, DP1, DP12, or other. All of those also required a battery for operation. Of course, if you already have one of those with the camera, just leave out the battery, and you will have met the requirement.

Of course, there might be the hassle of a knowledgeable security type who recognizes that there should be a battery in the Photomic, and you may need to take it off, unscrew the cover, and show him that there is no battery in it.

What do they say along the pipeline about the modern electronic wrist watches?
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post
    Good morning;

What do they say along the pipeline about the modern electronic wrist watches?
    Different companies and areas have differing rules, where I work everything has to be intrinsically safe "class 1 div 2".

No watches.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin