Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,086   Online: 973

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skahde View Post
    mju II i ... You never know for sure what they actually focussed on untill you see the negs.
    I bought one for my father a few years ago and that has been his experience.
    His Infinity Stylus Epic (? - heck of triple barreled name) focuses up and to the right of the focus indicator spot, add parallax shift with changing subject distance and it's anybody's guess what it is picking.

I have a few Yashica T4s that give very good results. I recently picked up a Nikon 35ti and I can't say the lens is any better than the T4's Zeiss Tessar.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe I was lucky with mine? It's got absolutely spot-on focus and it's always within the little circle. It adjusts for parallax of course with the zoom, but that's about it.
    Still: also got excellent results with a nikon litetouch ED - superb glass, that one. So I got a backup in case the mju decides to play up later in life.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Some of the P&S models have very good lenses. Others, such as my wife's Canon Snappy had a fixed-focus (nothing ever sharp) lens that was unimpressive.

I bought her an Olympus something or other that had a great lens and a horrible squinty viewfinder. It was stolen in China. My wife also lost my Rollei 35T that I used from 1979 to 1991. But a camera is just an object. I still had a Rollei 35S, but I always missed the 35T and eventually bought another.

My daughter dropped her Kodak disposable into the moat while on a tour of the Forbidden City in Beijing. That's a real inexpensive P&S.

The Lomo is a cult camera that produces technically mediocre photos, but users love it.

I've gotten nice photos with a Rollei Prego 70, but I think the lens is a bit too slow.

Right now, I'm messing about with a Rolleimatic, which has a Tessar-type lens. It's very nice, although it's a zone focus camera. I'm also playing around with the Rollei B&W disposable, which I won't dispose of but will reload. The front of the camera is clear, and when the flash goes off, it blinds you.

There are a lot of choices, and the person behind the camera is more important than what's in his or her hands, for sure.

I think it was Lens Work that had an interesting article about a woman who made her own lenses from soft drink bottles and all kinds of oddball things. Her photos were very interesting.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been using Contax T3 since 2001, I think, and this camera has been working great. The only reason I keep it is that it's quiet, far more compact than Leica M with a lens and does everything auto like Olympus Stylus when I want it to. I can't complain.

The only thing that sometimes troubles me is the light fall-off on corners for some outdoor shots, but for indoors, hardly noticeable. In my opinion, it produces better images with the aperture close to wide open in dim light because the bokeh is nice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin