Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,940   Online: 1075

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I believe it's the eyes and brain that is the most important equipment, as shown by for example dida here on Apug who does, in my opinion, do great stuff with pretty simple equipment. I can also see the point Jason makes about the ability to shift the plane of the film and lens and a bigger negative. But back to the OPs question: I prefer the Nikon F2 with MLU, but that's what I am used to. Beyond that, a tripod and some good glass in good condition can make a lot of difference, as previous posters have said.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    For regular use on a tripod a Pentax LX with waist-level or action finder would likely be a real back saver...

Chris

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    As stated before there are a lot of options. Personally I love the Pentax range, mainly because the range of lenses is so big.

A Me series camera ( Me Super, F etc. ) will take any PK fitting lens ( including AF lenses ) as long as it has a Aperture ring. The Me Series are also rugged lightweight cameras.

But similar cameras from any of those mentioned are good choice. I also remember the Praktica's as being cheap, rugged, reliable simple cameras.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin