Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,385   Posts: 1,683,194   Online: 916

Shooter
    35mm

SB28 flash on OM1

Any reason I shouldn't use this combo? I have the flash (goes with my N80) and Om1 already.

Chris

Shooter
    35mm
    Should work fine in A and manual mode. No TTL of course.

Shooter
    35mm
    That's what I was thinking. I wanted to be sure there wouldn't be any electrical problems related to using a modern flash on an older camera. I seem to remember reading that there can be problems up to and including damage to the flash or flash circuit on the camera. However, that might be with a specific camera and flash combo...

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The OM1 will work fine with any electronic flash unit either via the standard hot shoe or the co-ax plug, set to X-sync. of course. The shutter will sync. at speeds up to 1/60, marked in blue on the shutter speed dial. Sadly, no TTL, but any computer flash will provide auto exposure.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some/many older flashes would have a very high voltage across the contacts when used. This can damage more recent cameras with electronic circuits (especially digitals). This may be what you read about.

Some useful information here: http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin